New Contributor
BabyMama042014

Sex. It hurts!

Soooo this is embarrassing to talk about, but I hate having sex now that I'm pregnant. It hurts! Everyone told me it would be amazing and I'd love it while pregnant ... not so much. My husband is hugely disappointed since he heard the same stories I did, so now I have to deal with his disappointment too (ugh). Anyone else have this problem? What did you do? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Sex. It hurts!

I'm so sorry that the two of you have been let down. Each woman is different and will have their very own experience when it comes to all things about pregnancy.

I recall two extremes when I was pregnant. One pregnancy my husband would have sworn I had been replaced by a sexy beast. Another pregnancy I didn't want to be touched at all, not even on the shoulder:smileyhappy:

When it comes to sex, communication can work wonders. Maybe you can talk to your doctor and explain what is going on and make sure there isn't anything to be concerned about. After that, take a different approach to sex, softer, more gentle etc.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
donna48218

I'm having the same problem but you have to find ways that are comfortable to you but fun for him. I'm 34 weeks and I am still finding ways to cope with the problem too. So be adventurous in sex
Posted from HTC ISW11HT
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

I didnt have this problem.. I have a high drive normally and have yet to loose it at all  (even through 11 months of nursing) and pregnancy only made my drive higher.

You could try different positions, more lubrication, and lots of foreplay.. It seems to be silly common knowledge, but sometimes we forget :smileyhappy: there were positions that hurt me, from what i remember, but I just let DH know and we would change it up and i'd be fine.

I had sex right at 41 weeks as well.. lol It broke my water :smileywink:  so definitely i agree with emmy's mom on communication and patience!

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lsoto373626290

I had that problem with my first pregnancy. It felt like I was a virgin every time we had sex. This pregnancy so far no extra sensitivity to cause the pain.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
tammy4880

For me the sex isn't painful during but immediately after my stomach knots up and feels like it's tearing and I can't move breathe or anything without intense pain. Very close to the pain from my contractions with my other children. I'm only 19 weeks pregnant and it's been like this my entire pregnacy. This is my sixth pregnancy and I never felt this with my others.
Posted from Generic Android
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 64 members 19,208 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: