Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

Pregnant possibly twins!!

So I went in today to confirm my pregnancy. Due to my first pregnancy the doctor said that as soon as I missed my period that I need to make an appointment because he wants to do blood work and make sure everything with this pregnancy is tracked correctly and that there is a better outcome. So I went in this morning thinking that I am going to pee in a cup for them to comfirm the pregnancy and then have blood work done. To my surprise I was taken back and they did an ultrasound which confirmed my pregnancy. The ultrasound tech asked me if there was a history of twins in my family, to which I replied no. So after she got done she asked me if I would like her to explain what she was doing. Being curious I said yes and she showed me the various pictures she took and explained them. Then she came to a picture with 2 oval dark spots on it. I asked what that meant and she said it means that I could possibly have twins but that it could also possibly be a uterine bleed from one egg implanting.  Also the u/s tech has me dated at 6.5 weeks but I am not sure that is possible since my last period was 4.5 weeks ago. So I am extremely excited and a little confused by the dates. I will be going back in on Wednesday to get more blood work to make sure my hormone levels are rising like they should. I am just curious if anyone has had twins or knows someone who has had twins and how early they were able to tell if they were indeed having twins. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Pregnant possibly twins!!

That is a very exciting possibility. Please come back and share the details when you find out for sure :smileyhappy:

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Oh wow!  What an exciting surprise!  I'm sure you aren't sure what to think at this point but it's great that you've already had an ultrasound and they are following you closely.  Please keep us posted! ((hugs!))

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

Oh YES I am beside myself! I am super excited and super nervous at the same time! I wish I could time travel ahead to my next appoitnment and find out already just so I know a little more. I am one of those people who hates not knowing what is going on and not knowing what to expect. I guess this is just another lesson in patience for me. I was trying to keep it a secret from my boyfriend until my next appointment but I was busting at the seams to tell him. So I told him yesterday at dinner. I asked him if he was excited or nervous or anything and he said (with the deer in the headlight look on his face) there is no point in getting excited about something we don't know for sure. Such a typical manly answer. lol! I did go back this morning for the second blood draw to check my hormone levels and should have those back tomorrow. I ahve read some conflicting reports that says you can tell by the hormone levels and other reports that say no you can't tell. So it looks like I have no choice but to wait until the 21st.  I will definitely keep everyone updated!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
momofr3grls

Congratulations! Twins are so exciting. We found out at 5 weeks. We had an ultrasound and they showed us two little circles and said, "those are your babies." Now those babies are almost eight years old and just amazing little girls. Best of luck to you. 

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Did you have another appointment today? :smileyhappy:
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

Yes I did! Just now getting back to work and into the swing of work after a long weekend. The ultrasound showed only one little bean and not two. To my surprise the ultrasound tech seemed a little upset as well she thought for sure I was going to be having twins. Oh well I am happy with one!!  I am 6 weeks and 3 days which is only a couple days off from what I originally thought. Also got to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound, which made me feel a little more at ease. Now I just need to get past the 9 weeks and 3 days mark and I will feel a lot more at ease. That is where my first pregnancy took a terrible turn.  Doc also prescribed me suppository's with added progestrone as I am having some complications with going to the bathroom, probably tmi. lol! He said the added progestrone won't do any harm. So I am one happy mama right now. Next appointment is May 19th! Can't wait for that, I am sure time will fly by because every weekend from now through the beginning of June is jammed packed for us! 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 2,048 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: