Visitor
jennymckenzie20

Re: Just found out I am pregnant with Identicial Twins.

Yay, how exciting! I have 2 singles and my 3rd pregnancy was surprise, id girls!  I was pretty scared also!  as far as pregnancy, all is the same until those last few weeks. Just have good communication with your dr. Mine was awesome and we taked about the possible c-section over and over! Best of luck during all this. Twins are truely AMAZING!!!!!!! Wouldnt trade my surprise for anything! Its work, but oh so worth it. Any advise along the way, just ask!

Posted from Acer A210
Please use plain text.
luvlali

Congratulations! I'm the proud mother of almost three year old triplet boys. They were born at 34 weeks and were perfectly healthy despite being 4 lbs each. I believe the secret to our success was drinking tons of water, eating balanced meals, my wonderful husband rubbing my feet each day, and trying to put my feet off as much as possible. It's also important to have a doctor who you trust and you feel comfortable to call with any question! I know you're going to do great! It's a challenge everyday but the reward is threefold for me!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mollymarie86

Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mollymarie86

Congratulations! Having twins is so much fun!

I have very fraternal twin girls born June 1st 2011. I found out I was having twins when I was about 12 weeks too! I'll never forget the day. The technician said " is this your 1st ultrasound?" I said yes. And she said "I have a surprise for you!" I couldn't stop laughing!

I was very lucky and carried them to term. I had a planned cesarean at 38 weeks. I had to stop working at 26 weeks tho because I was a waitress. A lot of women have twins now a days with no complications. Just stay positive. You will have regular stress tests to make sure the babies aren't in stress. Cool thing about it was the 3D ultrasounds we got!

My only advice after they are born is to keep them on a schedule, even if you have to wake one up to feed. Boppy pillows are the best to use when feeding, if you happen to be alone..

Good luck to you guys! It truly is amazing watching them grow:smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jmauldinheiner2

Not every twin story is a scary one.  I was 42 when I learned I was very unexpectedly pregnant--with twins (my fifth and sixth children, so my old bod had already been through a lot).  I had no complications, no bedrest, and carried them to 39 weeks and 2 days.  We went home together four days after they were born; I think mainly that was so I could rest. The boys had no issues and no NICU time.  It happens.

The first two years are up and down.  Just when you think you get a handle on things, they learn something new and you're back to feeling incompetent again.  Expect that, and know that it will pass.

Although most twin moms advise to keep them on the same schedule, I couldn't bear to awaken my good sleeper just because the poorer sleeper was awake.  I didn't want to untrain him!  It meant a LOT less sleep for me for the first five months...but then they both began to sleep longer stretches and I was so glad I hadn't interfered with the natural sleep patterns they were developing.  Both ways have merit; it's up to you to decide which makes the most sense.

Keep a record of their intake and output!  Just jot how long they nursed and what the diapers were like so that if you suddenly get the feeling that one of them hasn't pooped for a while, you will be able to check.  You'll be nursing so much or making so many bottles, changing so many diapers, it is easy to lose track of who ate what when, and miss the fact that one baby has had three dry diapers in a row.  Notes help.

Sleep when they sleep.  Seriously. SLEEP WHEN THEY SLEEP.   Nothing you have to do is more important than rest.  Nothing.  And even if you're sure one of them is going to wake up in an hour--spend that hour in bed.  Every bit helps. Every new mom of multiples hears this advice.  Very few take it.  Be one of them.  It will make your life so much better.

Finally--getting upset about the "stupid" remarks people make is a CHOICE.  Choose otherwise. Very few people actually make comments that are truly stupid, and even fewer are trying to insult or offend you, so choose not to be insulted or offended.  The truth is, they WILL sometimes be double trouble.  You WILL have your hands full.  And people who comment on your twins, regardless of their words, usually are just acknowledging the coolness of twin-ness.  Let them.  It IS coolness.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
shannon21801

Congratulations!  I had identical twin boys a year ago and during my pregnancy I was just constantly thinking "omg... TWINS.... IDENTICAL TWINS!"  we didn't find out their gender since they were identical they would be the same gender and it was such a fun surprise, despite the big surprise of twins!  I had a pretty good pregnancy, ultrasounds every 2 weeks right up until they were born.  Stay hydrated- you have to drink A LOT of water - more than you think!  My boys came at 34 weeks weighing 4 lbs 3 oz and 4 lbs 13 oz and spent 14 days in the NICU until they could eat all by mouth, gain weight and maintain their own body tempurature.  The biggest advice I will give you is once they come, get them on the same schedule.  Feed them at the same time - if one is hungry and one is sleeping, wake up the sleepy one and feed them both.  Otherwise, you will just feed babies all day every day.  Also, let people come over and lend a hand.  if nothing else but to hold a baby so you can shower or eat or just put on non-pajama clothes, let them help!  I also joined a Mom of Multiples group online for my county and while i don't do all the social things (I want to!) I find the online discussion topics extrememly helpful.  It's a new kind of crazy, being a mom of multiples, but it's really fun and really exciting.  Oh and wherever you go, people will stop you.  Every. Time.  So add about 15 minutes to every place you intend to go :smileyhappy:  Good luck!  

Please use plain text.
agnesuche181

Congrats me I want twins
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9700
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 2,762 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: