tnbscally22428

Re: Just found out I am pregnant with Identicial Twins.

Congratulations ! I have fraternal twins (boy/girl), that are 23 months. I agree with the others on taking it easy as much as you can, I think it helps with the early labor. I delivered at 37 weeks, which is good for twins. Take all the help you can get. Try to enjoy them because it seems like your doing everything to keep up that there's no time for play. Get them on a schedule, & don't worry about the them waking each other up, they learn to sleep through the other one screaming. Try to learn to feed them at the same time, do your not spending an hour feeding & then have to almost start all over.(if your going to breast feed get a pillow thing call My Breast Friend for twins, makes it much easier )
Most if all you can only so much, so don't beat yourself up if everything doesn't get done, as long as they are fed & have a clean diaper it's all good
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
vanessa.ross2010

My boys were not a surprise as they are IVF babies but at the ripe old age of 46 I too was high risk.

I delivered 6 weeks early but both boys were 5 lbs each. The key was protein, protein and more protein. I lived on cottage cheese and Ensure+ shakes. Eat lots of small meals each day and keep your carbs to a minimum. Don't read what to expect when you're expecting. It's mostly wrong for mother's of multiples.

Find a local chapter of mother's of multiples and join it so you can get access to the forums. No one will understand you better than other moms of multiples. They have been enormously helpful for me.

I breast fed both of my boys simultaneously using the "football" hold. Find a lactation consultant early and read up on it. I knew next to nothing and was really frustrated by my lack of milk production. My hospital did not have a lactation consultant.

I hope your pregnancy goes well congratulations on your twins!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Visitor
hometotwins

As a mom to 14 year old twin girls, i can tell you your life is now doublely blessed. The best advice I can give you is to get regular checkups, become familar with your local NICU, get plenty of rest and listen to your body. Once your babies arrive, do everything you can to get them on the same schedule...and yes twins can be breastfed if that's what you're considering. Also, join a mothers of multiples organization...the experience and support is priceless. Good luck and welcome to the best "club" ever.

Please use plain text.
chey.bear_mom

My son and daughter in law found out at 20 weeks and a couple days that they are having twins, a boy and a girl. We are all pretty much over the shock and are preparing for the babies' arrival. They kids are living with us for the time being, so I will get lots of Grandma time once the babies get here!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Visitor
kmmwilson

Congrats! My identical twin girls are now two and a half years old. They shared a placenta so we were monitored closely. I did have a 5 week hospital stay before they were born due to signs of prelabor but everything turned out well. Girls stayed in until 36 weeks, no c-section, no NICU, and were 6 pounds each. Best thing you can do is listen to your body and relax as much as you can. First four months after they were born was challenging and tiring, but then it got better and better. It is a pretty awesome and unique experience to be a mother of identical twins. Wish the best to you and your growing family!
Posted from Google Nexus 4
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
thepaintedpalm

I have 2.5 yr old boy/girl twins. Having twins is such a special gift, but it is HARD! Prepare for very little sleep. Mine only started sleeping 6mths ago. I'm exhausted. Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Visitor
kathryn.ryder2907

We just had Identical twin boys, they were monoamniotic and very high risk. It was a LONG pregnancy, towards the end I had the option if being in bedrest from week 24 on, or going in for daily monitoring. I chose daily monitoring because we have a two year old as well. My only advice is to let go! There likely nothing you can do right now to change the outcome, just try to free your mind from un constructive and worrisome thoughts. It's easier said than done, but really helps :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 768 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: