N/A
kohsm

Re: Just found out I am pregnant with Identicial Twins.

When I found that I was pregnant with identical twins 5 years ago, my first question to my gynae was what did she feed me (as we never had twins in both our families).. It was a maginal journey... be prepared for an earlier birth, mine was premature by 2 months. And most importantly learn to listen to your body. My elder twin was born with gangrenous volvulus, aka twisted guts, as she was absorbing most of the nutrients while sharing the same sac. I thank God for the decision to an emergency c-section as I felt minimal movement of them in my tummy during then. The elder twin spent a good 3 months in the NICU and another 2 months in the normal ward that seemed like eternity to me then. 5 years on, the 2 sweeties are healthy and definitely 2 great bundles of joy. Enjoy the journey. :smileyhappy:
Posted from Samsung GT-N7100
Please use plain text.
paulandrac85857

Congrats!! It's crazy but so awesome and fun. The looks you will get!! I have identical twins then found out 5 months later I was preggo again!! Check out my first year survival guide here....

http://judeandlevi.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-survived.html
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mikahines

Congratulations! I have identical twin boys, I still am not over the surprise, lol. They are going to be 2 next month and we also have a soon to be 5-year old daughter. I was considered high risk and went for ultrasounds every two weeks and non-stress tests toward the end of my pregnancy twice a week. Fortunately I had a very healthy pregnancy and the regular monitoring helped put me at ease. My boys were born at 36 weeks at 6 lbs 2 oz and 5 lbs 12 oz. Great weights and no time in the NICU. I was very happy about that, but I've also heard stories of babies who did have to spend time in the NICU and did just great. Good luck to you and your babies!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cams825604

Congratulations! I know it is overwhelming but you are in for the biggest adventure you will ever go on. You will feel more exhaustion, confusion and most of all love than you have ever felt. Treasure every moment and keep a journal. I was so busy taking care of the babies I forgot to allow down and enjoy it most of the time. Good luck!
Posted from Huawei U8652
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
noellemcwalters

Congratulations! I am a mom of 16month fraternal twins (boy/girl)....
Their really is not a lot of advice to give except listen to your body the entire time. Your pregnancy journey will be a time to remember forever so enjoy it. I had a rough time from start to finish, but I will say: take all the help you can get before/during/after. Good luck :-)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
wyosbellman

Congratulations!
I had twin boys a year ago and remember the monthly ultrasounds. But I had a fairly smooth pregnancy, and delivered the "monsters" at 37 weeks. The littlest one had a hard time breathing on his own at first, but got the hang of it. My biggest advice? It's ok to be overwhelmed. Especially at first! (Who am I kidding, at 13 months they are still overwhelming at times). But it's a trip!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Visitor
marybell1976

Congratulations on the exciting news. I have almost 3 yr old fraternal twins (boy/girl) Even though they considered me high risk, my pregnancy was fairly normal compared to my others. I will tell you to be prepared for the stares and sometimes rude comments made by others but dont let things get to you. Pregnancy is such a wonderful time and even though it seems eternal its over way too soon (not that i would want to carry them longer than 9 months) I loved my big belly even though it was very uncomfortable to walk, sleep or sit. I carried my twins for 38 weeks 4 days and they weighed 7lbs 1oz & 6lbs 5oz. I had a csection due to my little boy being breached. My advice is take it easy and ask for help now and especially once the babies are here. Oh and take pics of your belly every other week or monthly so you can see all the changes you go through. Plus your babies can see them when they are older :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 348 members 39,769 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: