Occasional Visitor
lindsay.aerin

Jumpiness and Bloating

I am in my first tri-mester (only at 5 weeks) but I am so jumpy. At work if someone walks up to my desk and says "Hi" I'll jumpt and gasp. If my phone beeps for a reminder or message I jump.

I am guessing it's because of all the hormoes going through me?

Also I am so bloated I already look like a have a pregnancy stomach, and unfortunately I gained weight over the summer (before trying to conceive) so already my pants already were starting to not fit.

Should I bite the bullet and get maternity pants now or just get regular but larger sized pants?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
UniquelyInked

Re: Jumpiness and Bloating

I've always been jumpy, so I can't help you there, but I can relate to your question regarding bloating and weight gain.

We got married in April and so we were happy and ate and got heavier.  A lot of my work clothes weren't fitting.  I am currently between 5 and 6 weeks and have what could be construed as a pregnant belly . ..  but we aren't telling anyone about it until after the holidays - when we are closer to 3 months.

I keep reading things about maternity wear, belly bands and "inbetween" clothes for after giving birth . . . I really don't want to but 2 whole new wardrobes.  May just live in yoga pants . . . 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I can't answer re the jumpiness part, but UT might be better to get in between clothes right now and pick up some maternity clothes later.

Re having to buy a maternity wardrobe, it's totally worth it IMO. You'll need the inbetween clothes for a few months, then the maternity clothes for the rest of pregnancy and a month or so after baby, and then the inbetween clothes for a little bit again. It's nice to have some nice maternity wear, it's more comfortable and there's something about dressing well that keeps you feeling up.
Posted from Motorola MOTXT912B
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

Since I found out that I am pregnant I have noticed that I have been a lot more jumpy or easily startled. Before I found out I was not easily startled by anything but have noticed that I am a lot more jumpy now.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 608 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: