New Contributor
bubba.kellogg

I'm 41 and expecting I'm 9 week's no heart beat found yet on ultrasound

I've had 3 ultrasounds an no heart beat found yet when can I hear it the dr. Wanted me to do a d n c but I said no ill wait it out .I've had no bleeding no cramping .I'm not sick is baby ok or dead
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Re: I'm 41 and expecting I'm 9 week's no heart beat found yet on ultrasound

If your doc suggested a D&C then I would say it's probably not a viable pregnancy...BUT, I heard my son's heartbeat at 12 weeks. I would say wait it out for a couple weeks. If there is nothing then you will be positive. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Big hugs. I would call your doc and talk it over with him again, ask what the chances are that baby is doing ok even if you haven't seen the heart beating yet. My care provider was able to find the heart beat so we could hear it at 12 w each time, but we were able to see it on us before then.
Posted from Motorola MOTXT912B
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 6.5 weeks pregnant with my daughter.  I had a sac but no baby.  I went back again at 7.5 weeks and still the same.  Dr. wanted to schedule a D&C but I said no.  I wanted to "miscarry" on my own and still held out a little bit of hope that there was a baby in there.  I went back two weeks later at 9.5 weeks and to everyone's shock there was a baby with a strong heartbeat.  My story is an exception and unfortunately it turns out very different most of the time.  I would just make sure you are 100% sure and so is Dr. (maybe get a second opinion) before you schedule a D&C.  Hugs.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bubba.kellogg

I am now 12 weeks dr said hcg levels went down some .said my body well take care of it an get rid of it but I'm still not having no cramps no bleeding no spotting nothing .so I'm still waiting it out I'm going to a different Dr monday hopefully get an ultrasound done monday
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

So I am in a similar situation. Went in for an ultrasound today and was told by the tech that she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. However when I asked the tech what the colors on the screen were she told me that it was blood flow. So I am left wondering how you can have blood flow and no heartbeat. I go back Friday to see the doc, hoping for another ultrasound and that the baby was just being stubborn and has a strong heartbeat!
Posted from HTC X515
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cgon781

That happen to me, however I went to emergency with spotting. The dr had mention to me with ultrasound my baby most likely didn't make it, but ordered an internal ultrasound 40 min later they performed it and there was my baby's heart beat. Was put on bed rest for a week. After that had a somewhat of a normal pregnancy. Anyhow she was born 2 1/2 weeks early. Good luck and keep faith.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 1,893 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: