janinebhughes

Re: I'm 41 and expecting I'm 9 week's no heart beat found yet on ultrasound

I unfortunatly have been down this road 6x the past 2 1/2 years.  For your piece of mind if this is your first you can wait it out.  It takes up to 4 weeks to start bleeding and cramping when you have a miscarriage.  Everyone of my miscarriages were different but no heartbeat unfortunatly not good.  Passing a miscarriage at home isnt bad at 9 weeks.  I have had both and i wouldnt do a d&c again.  I am so sorry.   :heart:

Posted from Acer A210
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ari.mermaid

Most times you can't hear a heart beat (whether it's with the doppler or us) until 12wks or more. However on an ultrasound that early they can SEE if it is...
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
lyndseyhannan13

Has your doctor done hcg levels? Did you get put on progesterone? We did a series and my levels dropped a lot. She did about five ultrasounds total in the 8 weeks. I also had no bleeding spotting cramping and still felt pregnant. I went through with the d&c. The doctor said it helps with closure. I am a nurse so I knew with all the facts presented to me that the baby didn't make it but it was hard to except. She said if I didn't it could be up to two weeks waiting for my body to make it happen. I just had to think that there was a reason this baby wasn't meant to be..still trying to figure out and will never know...
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Visitor
carolynpetrill1

Has your dr done a internal ultrasound? Had one 8 or 9 weeks saw baby swimming around as i called it and seen heart beat ask for it especially at your our age the dr should of done an internal ultrasound
Posted from Samsung SPH-D710
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reneeniels

[ Edited ]

This is certainly a disheartening situation. I went in to the dr almost 3 wks ago, thinking I was 8 or so weeks along. During my ultrasound, you could tell my tech was confused. They saw a yolk sac, but that was all, no heartbeat. I went in again 2 wks later (this past monday) due to having spotting. The tech found a yolk sac and fetal pole, but I still was only looking about 6 1/2 wks and no heartbeat. The dr ordered an Hcg blood test and I went back to see him the next day.He came in saying it was a misscarriage and listed my options.  I asked him about the numbers, but he didn't give me the actual result (Im wishing I'd pressed him for the number), just said we should be seeing a heartbeat. I have been waiting all week for something drastic, but have had only light bleeding. I was holding out hope that he was wrong (although he must have put all the info together and it didn't look like a viable pregnancy), but at this point, I am ready for it to be over if the baby is not alive. I think it is too early to do the pills or D&C, what if the heartbeat does appear? I am scheduled for Tuedsay to go back for him to check on things and will ask for an ultrasound (if one isn't ordered), before I will do the pills or D&C, but praying that I need neither. This week has taken a lot of prayer and relying on God as the ultimate decision maker as the giver of life. Hang in there!

Please use plain text.
Katieewebb

I think like many others that have posted ... I believe you should wait. Just wait it out until your body tells you... Either that it's viable or not. I waited and waited and waited hoping for better results and that my hormone levels were going up. I did start to bleed & cramp. So I just decided to let my body abort the pregnancy naturally. However I bled for a long time and wasn't aborting it naturally....so I did go in for a d & c and wish I had done it sooner.

All that being said... I truly do hope and pray that this ends up being a beautiful healthy baby for you in 8-9 months! I, as so many other women on here, know that this is a very difficult time you are going through. You have so much support on here from those of us who have been where you are!!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beckiestroud

Sometimes it is difficult to hear a heartbeat due to the position. I would not get a d and c unless you are sure. Usually they watch the hcg levels to see if they are decreasing. I don't know how far along you are, but have a 3 d ultrasound and size can indicate much, too.
I have waited and let it pass naturally. I have also had a d and c...there was still the nagging feeling of wondering if they were wrong! Your body will expel the baby if it is not viable. If you have lost your baby, cry and mourn and then do something to honor that child. We release balloons with prayers written on them. I talk to my babies on their loss and due dates. My daughter was there when we were at the ultrasound and there was no heartbeat...so we talk about her heavenly siblings. Do something constructive...I started a support group in my community and lobbied for better miscarriage and loss resources in the hospital library...even adding an area to their website.
Above all, keep trying. Good luck.
Posted from Motorola MOTXT912B
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 530 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: