New Contributor
joydjoy54

Hipertensive and pregnant

I am 32 and just found out am 4 weeks gone on my third pregnancy with my 4th child. Had twins inbetween. But am worried about it cos I've been on medication for hypertension for 2 years now. Please has anyone gone through pregnancy while being hypertensive before. How did you manage it? Will the meds have any effects on the baby?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Hipertensive and pregnant

Something that I found really useful my last pregnancy was hypnobabies. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the whole learning how to relax using key words, and practicing a lot of really passive relaxation and deep breathing was really effective at lowering my blood pressure when I hit my third trimester. With my first I was slightly hypertensive towards the end- but with my second after I started hypnobabies it stayed a pretty consistent 110/70 reading or there arounds.

I do have friends that have taken bp medications while pregnant. I'm sure your doc will be able to make sure you have one that works well for you and is safe during pregnancy. And if you can, yoga/ deep breathing, etc and even moderate exercise will all help lower your overall blood pressure :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joydjoy54

Re: Hipertensive and pregnant

Thanks a lot Cassie. Quite appreciated.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
haventhibodeaux77

24 weeks with muscle spasms!!!!

well i am 24 weeks and i been haveing really baby pain on my low right side and and i have really bad muscle spasms  a lot and im scared that it mite hurt the baby bc it gets to wear i cant momove my baby.... i need help........... does anyone has them to? if so how do you keep them from hurting the baby are do they hurt the baby??? im scared that it will hurt my little man:,(

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: 24 weeks with muscle spasms!!!!

I've had something very similar happen with all my pregnancies, but it was the worst with my first. The reason I would get them was because I *used* to have a really strong core and pelvic floor (luckily the pelvic floor recovered each time post pregnancy) and the muscles would spasm from the pressure placed on them until they got to a point that they just relaxed and released so the pressure could spread out more. You can always bring this up at your next appointment, but just like braxton hicks and that stuff, it won't hurt your baby at all. They have LOTS of cushioning in there.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
haventhibodeaux77

Re: 24 weeks with muscle spasms!!!!

thankyou and i will
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 494 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: