New Contributor
ablesin

HELP, I drank a glass of water first thing in the morning and minutes later I almost passed out :(

SO I woke up this morning feel good, got ready for work , and on my way out I drank a glass of water. 5 minutes later on my way to the metro station, I got soo weak, I had to hold on to the stairs handle, I felt like throwing up and pooping at the same time,  I was light headed, all I could think of was "dont pass out, dont pass out!".

HELP me guys by the way I'm 26 weeks pregnant with twins :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: HELP, I drank a glass of water first thing in the morning and minutes later I almost passed out

Definitely call your OB today. There are lots of different reasons you can pass out. I passed out once after giving blood- I gave blood and had to go to the bathroom really bad, so I ran to the bathroom (mistake #1) did my business, and then I stood up too fast (mistake #2) and somehow wandered like a drunk person out of the restroom and collapsed in front of the exit.

Our doc will be able to order up the tests you need to make sure it isn't caused from your blood pressure being too low, low blood sugar, low iron, etc. In the mean time, make sure you're getting PLENTY of food and water and eating more often since smaller meals more often will help keep your blood sugar more stable. Lots and lots of protein, and lots and lots of iron (if you are taking a vit d supplement and/ or calcium supplements take them at different times than your iron rich foods). Slow down some, and when you change positions do it a little slower.

If you start to get that hot, dizzy, lightheaded feeling again by all means just sit down where you are at if possible and sort of bend forward to help the blood get back up to your head, then stand back up slowly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ablesin

Re: HELP, I drank a glass of water first thing in the morning and minutes later I almost passed out

Thank you sooo much!! I booked an appointment to see my OBGYN

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
donna48218

Yes call the doctors office because they might wanted u to go to the emergency room for precautions first. The next time that happens go to the hospital immediately and your having twins girl don't take any chances.
Posted from HTC ISW11HT
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

How scary. How are you feeling and what did your dr say?
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 507 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: