Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

HELP!!! 9 week ultrasound and was told they can't find the baby's heartbeat :-(

Went in for my first ultrasound today and the ultrasound tech told me that she could not find the baby's heartbeat... but while she was conducting the ultrasound I asked her what the colors were for and she said it was the blood flow. I am confused as to how there can be blood flow and ne heartbeat. I am freaking out a little bit over here!!  Ironically my bestfriend has the same doc and ultrasound tech could not find her babys heartbeat for three straight weeks, she had her daughter in late July... So needless to say I am really confused and torn until my next appointment to see the doctor on Friday.  Any advice or similar experiences would help.  From my understanding the heart starts pumping blood at 6 weeks and I have had no symptoms of having a miscarriage and from what I seen of the ultrasound pictures the baby seems to look more like a baby.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reneeniels

Re: HELP!!! 9 week ultrasound and was told they can't find the baby's heartbeat :-(

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
malbertson88

Re: HELP!!! 9 week ultrasound and was told they can't find the baby's heartbeat :-(

A lot of times the ultrasound equipment can't pic up the heartbeat at 9weeks. Sometimes it can take up till the 12-15 week mark for it to be found. I'm 11 weeks and still haven't heard my babies heartbeat but the doctor says everything is ok. Plus this isn't my first rodeo. The same thing happened to my first born. Good luck! I'm sure they will find it when your farther along.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

I did read the earlier post and figured that it did not apply to me because I am just turned 31, thanks though. Unfortunately we found out of friday that the baby's heart stopped functioning and that there is no hope for this pregnancy. I go in to see my doctor tomorrow afternoon to find out what course of action he wants to take since I dont have any signs of a miscarriage yet and still have all the signs of pregnancy.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Visitor
austinbilli

so sorry to hear that.
Posted from HTC X515
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
gcarpenter19711

Even though I am late in reading this, I am sorry for your loss, and will pray for you and your family. God bless.
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 237 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: