Occasional Contributor
stringsofme

First baby & Alone

I found out a huge surprise last week when I went into the ER for kidney stones that I am also pregnant. I was told since age 16 that I have infertility. I'll be 32 next month and was so excited/shocked to hear I have a miracle baby. My boyfriend of 2 years was initially very shocked as we didn't think this would ever be a possibility. After his initial shock wore off he had been on cloud 9 all week. He couldn't stop saying how excited he is to be a dad and was making all these future plans about the baby. Well two nights ago we started talking about finances and the baby and he just lost it and moved into a hotel. He told me he was going to be back the next morning. He never showed up and text my younger brother telling him he doesn't want this child and for my brother to tell me because he can't. My whole world has been completely rocked. I'm confused and heartbroken. I have a very supportive family but I want my partner! This is his baby that he's abandoning along with me. Any advice on being a single mom or anyone have something similar happen to them??
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: First baby & Alone

((hugs!))  How are you doing? 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ms2883

Im am so sorry hes a coward. Which saying that doesnt make you feel any better. My boyfriend and I planned our child. Im currently 7 weeks and now he is working away out of town and will be gone until November. He has recently started arguments with me on purpose. Just last night he told me he wanted a paternity test and that he will take my child from me. :/ Not sure where this is all coming from but its very stressful. As women we have to stay strong and if that means moving on without them than so be it. I wish you the best of luck but I just wanted you to know you are not alone. Good luck. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
stringsofme

It's been quite the roller coaster ride. He eventually came back after about a week and things were good. Then he freaked out and moved back to OH for 2 months. While spending a week long visit he decided to extend his trip to two weeks instead of one. Things were going better than ever and we were planning our future. We were in the process of buying a house and everything and bam again he freaked out after a little over two weeks. He got on a plane back to OH without even telling me (I was notified by his dad). After he left I got such bad stress and anxiety that I started having contractions. I'm only 23 weeks so naturally that made me stress out even more worrying about the baby. I don't know what our future holds but I'm hoping it can work out in the end.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ms2883

He seems very confused like my guy which in turn drives us crazy and makes us confused. Its not fair at all. We had plans too and now im just like ill send you the ultrasound pictures but at this point I dont even want to talk because its too stressful. Please think about you and your unborn baby. Its always easier said than know (trust I know). I do know we will take this day by day and step by step. Be well!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
stringsofme

Thanks. Yeah it is very stressful and extremely confusing! Now today he said he thinks we shouldn't be a couple until after the baby is born. Meh.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ms2883

WOW, I feel like my guy is going to pull the same thing but hell if u cant take me now and be supportive now then I feel hes just showing me how he will be for the rest of the time. Im not sure if you pray but Im trying to find my faith along th eway and I will say a prayer for you. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,314 members 141,872 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: