Occasional Visitor
gettingmylogon

Re: Family

I have a few questions:  How old are you?  Are you living with your in-laws?  Did you finish high school?  Can you honestly afford another baby in your present situation?

I am a bit concerned about your ability to responsibly raise your children as well.  Are your priorities aligned correctly?  I had a hard time understanding your post because of your sentence construction.  This leads me to believe that education was not a priority for you.  You are posting from an expensive iPhone as well, but cannot afford to care for another child.

Please help me out here.  I am leaning toward agreeing with your in-laws.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jktriplett08

Re: Family

[ Edited ]

Thats ridiculous. First of all, she could have bought the phone used, or signed a contract making the phone cheap. Second, her in-laws idea of "being able to afford a child" might be different from hers. For instance, my family thinks I cannot provide for two children. EVERYONE in my family for the past 3 generations all decided to have one child. I was an only child...had everything, and was a spoiled @$$ rude kid. However, my idea of affording a child isnt buying them designer clothes, expensive phones etc. Its providing them necessities and giving them the tools they need to succeed, like an education and communication skills, manners, etc. If they want luxury items they WILL get a job. It wont be coming from my pocket.

What does having a HS diploma have to do with anything? Your jumping to conclusions.
I have a college degree and Im making 30k a year. My grandfather, who never finished highschool is making 80k by owning a lawn service.

Being concered for her is one thing, but they way you said it was rude and tasteless

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 588 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: