MetalMomma

Desperately seeking advice.

So, I had an IUD put in after my 6 week check up and the doc approved. Well, my fiance and I have been well, doing our thing ever since. Well, I'm pregnant now, (taken 5 tests) and am terrified. I mean my duaghter is only 4 months, there's a good chance they could end up being less than a year apart since I was a very high risk pregnancy last time due to cervix issues. This thing is 99.2% effective, how in the hell do I tell my fiance that I'm the very small .8 percent? I need advice ASAP!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Desperately seeking advice.

Hi There,

The best place to start is to make a dr appointment. The dr can confirm the pregnancy and can help you understand how this happened so you can better explain it to your fiance.

Hang in there and keep us posted. I want to know what the dr says as well as your fiance. I'm also always around here if you need someone to talk to.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Hi there, I agree with Tammy. First thing I would do is go to your doctor for confirmation. He might also be able to better explain how this happened with the IUD. It's gonna be ok. I know it's all scary and overwhelming right now but just take it a step at a time. Hugs
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
mm035359

well they do tell that it is only 99% effective.  I am pretty sure he will not be mad!!  shocked, surprised and confused for sure!!  just tell him asap so you guys can make a decision, but ultimitely it is your decision.

Please use plain text.
tiffcomiskey

I agree with the others; get checked by your doctor to verify. There's always a chance the test is a false positive.

If you are pregnant I would look for support groups of people who have children close in age. There are good and bad things with every age gap between siblings. It may be harder when they're babies (two in diapers, that sort of thing) but I've heard it's much better when they're older and they can be good friends and playmates for each other. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have been in your shoes who have lots of good advice to give and who can give you moral support as well. They may also have suggestions on how to tell your fiance, or what they did when they found out. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
amandalsmith81

Something similar happend to one of my friends (although not so quickly after her first). It is very important to call your doctor right away to confirm the pregnancy and get the iud out. Your fiance should be understanding since it obviously wasn't either of your fault. Congrats and good luck!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
brandy_lewis

You should definitely see your doctor. Pregnancy with an IUD in place is dangerous and there is also a chance of ectopic pregnancy. Your iud may have also been expelled after it was inserted which is a risk when you have it implanted. My advice is speak with your doctor asap to talk about risks and to confirm the pregnancy.
Posted from Google Nexus 4
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 36 members 11,840 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: