flower1975

Re: Desperately seeking advice.

[ Edited ]

Ok I was kinda in your shoes 4 years ago .. But I was married. We just had our son and was told if we wanted more kids we would have to come back for a another round of fertility treatments. So at his baptism I had my 1st round of seizures. ( have a history of seizures) So the next day we were at my mom's house cleaning up from my son's party from the night before and I had back to back seizures which I normaly dont have so they ran my up to the hosptial by ems .. The drs kept on asking me if I was pregnant I became upset with their questions and signed myself out and went home thinking they were crazy the next day I went to see my neuro dr and he thought I should take a test to be safe . I took 8 of them the all were positive  I did not tell my husband I called my grandma and layed on the floor crying .. My babies were going to be under a year old back to back plus I had 2 older ones too. But now having my daughter who is 10 months younger than my son I would never change a thing .. The only thing I would not do again is not call my husband at work to tell him that we need to talk .. Cause that put pure panic in him.. He thought I was going to leave him with 3 kids .. Boy he was so wrong ... So give your guy a chance he might surprise you.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
jessiwilson623

You sound like you feel you have done something wrong. Sometimes plans change when you don't mean for them to. A year from now you and your husband will be overjoyed (and overworked). I have 3 kids, and 2 of them are 17 months apart. I'm super busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted from Google Nexus 4
Please use plain text.
maryp332

Definitly unsettling to have an unexpected pregnancy...but exciting possibility for another sibling for your child! I had unexpected Irish twins a few years ago as well and they have such a strong bond-almost inseperable. They are 17 months apart. 

Like others have said, confirm with your doctor, but you can do it! 

Please use plain text.
brittany.winberg

Hey there MetalMomma,

I've been in your shoes. I had that terrifying moment of having a positive pregnancy test in one hand while holding my 8 week old baby in my other arm. The most important thing to do is to stay calm. Its okay to cry and be frustrated. Believe me, I cried for 3 or 4 days. Oddly enough, my husband was far more calm about it. We figured that, with as careful as we had been, that it just must have been God's will for another little one to join our family. I'm not sure if you're religious or not, but that helped to calm me. If you have an IUD in, you definitely want to see your doc because it can cause MAJOR complications with the pregnancy if you don't get it removed pronto.  Just sit your fiance down, explain that, as he should well know, there isn't a 100% effective form of birth control, and that yours failed. Life happens. If your fiance loves you (and I'm sure he does), you can both have your moment of panic and then settle into reality and help one another to adjust.  Of course he will need a moment, I'm sure YOU need a moment. Everything becomes clear as time goes on.

In my experience, my youngest actually helped us to see that there were some major developmental delays going on with my older daughter. If I didn't have her surpassing her big sister in some areas, I probably would not have known to be concerned. She's also been a great example for her big sister to watch so she could learn to start doing some of the things she is supposed to be doing.  My girls are 10 months apart. Its not as hard as you would think, believe it or not. There comes a point where physically they are very similar. In my girls' case, they both wear the same size diaper now and share clothes. Your oldest should be walking by the time your new little one gets here and that helps a lot because they do reach a point around the time they start to walk where they become very independent. Your youngest will sleep A LOT at first, so you will still have a lot of time to devote to your oldest, and then, as your youngest starts to catch up developmentally, you will notice that they like a lot of similar things (story time, music, etc.) so its easy to find ways to include them both. 

There is a purpose for everything. Just hang in there and know that the sooner you tell your fiance (just come on out and say it, girl!) the sooner the two of you can make important decisions together, and the sooner you will have a support system to deal with all the ups and downs that come with close pregnancies. 

I wouldn't change my life for the world, or give up my youngest. I'm blessed that we were surprised with a fail in our birth control.

Please use plain text.
kufret87

I agree with all the ladies to go to your doctor ASAP.  One thing they do mention in the brochure they probably gave you when they put your IUD in is that a lot of pregnancies that do occur while having the IUD can result into a miscarriage once they take out the IUD, but to avoid that or to know exactly the best way to protect yourself and the baby is to go the doctor asap.  I dont agree that you might have a false positive, there are however false negative, but false positives are rear unless you are intaking something that has the "pregnancy" hormones or whatever hormone it is that indicates youre pregnant.  My children are 18 months apart, and my second one was not planned.  I cried, I worried, I screamed, but he was such a blessing in disguise, and my two little ones are best buds, wouldnt trade it for the world!!! 

Please use plain text.
toniduffy168

To Whom This Concerns:

First your boyfriend is suppose to be your best friend and the 2 of you conceived this together.  I will not preach to much but if you 4 month old is here and you now have 9 more months to prepare for the 2nd than that is what was meant for you to do.  God does not make mistakes, nor does he like them elemenated for your convience.  It will all work out have Faith, Love and Trust in another and enjoy the fact your having a baby that God Blessed you with.

Please use plain text.
Misty7285

Just tell him...I mean it's not like it's your fault. What's meant to be will be. On the bright side your children will probably have a very close relationship growing up and after. My husband is less than a year younger than his brother who is only 14 months younger than their sister and they are all incredibly close. Things work out and you can make it work!!!
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 4,478 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: