Occasional Contributor
melindabirth

Childbirth classes - worth it?

What do you think? Is it worth the time and money to go to childbirth classes, or it is better just to look everything up online? How do you know if all the bases are covered without a class? Experiences? Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rlh012893

Re: Childbirth classes - worth it?

I think a combination of both is good... But then again thats just me. :catvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
melindabirth

What kind of class did you take?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
pab3girls1

Hello. I took the child birth class and breastfeeding classes. Your insurance should cover the classes. They were well-worth the time plus you get a tour of the maternity dept. Just puts your mind at ease. Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I think they were worth the time. However I do think it depends on what you want out of your childbirth. I wanted a med free labor and delivery with both, but the first class I took through the hospital wasn't tailored towards that at all. If you want to go pain med free, and there's one in your area I'd recommend the hypnobabies course. There wasn't a group class near me but they have a home study course that you begin around 32 weeks and it is fully comprehensive, covering child birth, diet, exercise, breastfeeding, etc. It does take a lot of practice but it was totally worth the money (I bought it used but new it is $150 which is a whole lot less than copay for pain meds). It worked really well for me and I had a pain free labor and delivery with my second, even though she was almost 9 lbs and labor was less than 4 hours.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cjrussell73

i thought they were so worth it, i learned alot of things that helped me through my first pregnancy

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 280 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: