New Contributor
mbergendahl

Can you have a VBAC with twins

I had a c-section with my last baby all 4 of my other pregnancies I had naturally. I had a c-section because of a mymetomy 7 years ago I had no scar tissue but the dr still did a c-section. I am expecting twins and I want a VBAC done so I want to try for natural delivery dr. said hospital won't allow them how do I make it happen???
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Can you have a VBAC with twins

It really depends a lot on the hospital you will be giving birth at and the doctor you are using. Our hospital system is extremely VBAC/ VBA2C/ VBA3C friendly, even in the maternal-fetal medicine office. At the same time, the hospital also has a higher c-section rate (around 35%), especially considering the next closest hospital with L&D has a rate around 25%. I think most of this can be attributed, however, to overall hospital staff and departments, and level of care available. The hospital I will deliver at is the only one in our area with level 3 NICU and trauma, so the number of high risk pregnancies at it is much greater than the other nearby hospital, which is level 1 NICU. This might also contribute to a greater openess to VBAC as well, since there is better ability to treat severe complications.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mbergendahl

Re: Can you have a VBAC with twins

Great thank you for your response. Anyone can have a uterine rupture at any age. Thanks, Michelle
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 204 members 26,022 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: