New Contributor
mbergendahl

Can you have a VBAC with twins

I had a c-section with my last baby all 4 of my other pregnancies I had naturally. I had a c-section because of a mymetomy 7 years ago I had no scar tissue but the dr still did a c-section. I am expecting twins and I want a VBAC done so I want to try for natural delivery dr. said hospital won't allow them how do I make it happen???
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Can you have a VBAC with twins

It really depends a lot on the hospital you will be giving birth at and the doctor you are using. Our hospital system is extremely VBAC/ VBA2C/ VBA3C friendly, even in the maternal-fetal medicine office. At the same time, the hospital also has a higher c-section rate (around 35%), especially considering the next closest hospital with L&D has a rate around 25%. I think most of this can be attributed, however, to overall hospital staff and departments, and level of care available. The hospital I will deliver at is the only one in our area with level 3 NICU and trauma, so the number of high risk pregnancies at it is much greater than the other nearby hospital, which is level 1 NICU. This might also contribute to a greater openess to VBAC as well, since there is better ability to treat severe complications.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mbergendahl

Re: Can you have a VBAC with twins

Great thank you for your response. Anyone can have a uterine rupture at any age. Thanks, Michelle
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 736 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: