New Contributor
shannaniga19145

Anyone else? Mid/Late 30's pregnant?

Hi:smileyhappy:

I am new on here, but not new to motherhood. I am 37 and have a ds 12, and a dd 10. I have just found out I am pregnant!!! My partner and I are thrilled, excited, and scared. I have the normal over 35 worries of chromosonal abnormalities and am just in general a worrier, so anyone who has been through this that could share some positive insight/experience it would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy: My partner is also 15 years my senior. He is a very young and healthy early 50's with no children of his own and believe me, we really thought about age before we tried to conceive. We decided there are no guarantees. I have friends who have lost young parents, I have a friend in her 30's with children fighting cancer, and my partner has great genes.... and good longevity in his family! Plus, he is loving and patient and a real family man! Any thoughts, or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!! I am 4 weeks along :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ecollier1605

Re: Anyone else? Mid/Late 30's pregnant?

Hi I am 40 and pregnant with #2 my oldest is18 so it was a shock. I got pregnant @ 39 I went through all the test for different chromosomal abnormalities but everything turned out good. They have a lot of test that are false positives so don't get yourself all worried I wish someone would have told me that I had a false positive for DS and worried for nothing. You and baby will be just fine don't worry just enjoy the new life growing inside of u that god has blessed u with. Best wishes to and yours :smileyhappy:
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TeaBee

Hi, my name is Dawn. I am 40 and pregnant with child #3. DH is 35, DD is 15 and I have a DS who turned 20 in Jan. I had the Verifi test which is similar to Materni21 but done by a different lab. My tests for chromosomal abnormalities came back negative for T21, 18 and 13 however when it came to the sex chromosomal abnormalities we were told that our baby girl tested positive for Triple X (also called Trisomy X and 147,xxx). We were freaked out at first but after talking to a genetics counselor and scheduling an amnio things were a lot better. Turns out baby girl doesn't have Triple X and the test is for lack of a better word a false positive. There is still the possibility that I am a Triple X carrier or that there was abnormalities with the placenta. I am currently 27 weeks. Best of luck!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shannaniga19145

I appreciate your replies:smileyhappy: I am feeling good so far, besides a little tired:smileyhappy: Trying not to worry too much, but the fears are always in the back of my mind. It really helps to hear positive experiences and know there are others going through the same thing:smileyhappy: Thank-you:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mrsc0913

Hi I'm 36 and pregnant with my first. This is all new to me so I'm just loving every minute of it. I'm in the process of doing the DS test I have the second round of blood testing Wednesday. I'm believing in god that everything will be fine. Congrats and blessings to you ladies!! 😀
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
suzanne_chiaffone

Hi There,

I was 39 when I got pregnant with my son, and 40 when he was born.  I was incredibly scared and concerned about everything you mentioned.  The truth is, while the odds go up of abnormalities at this age, they are still very very low.  I had a picture-perfect pregnancy with zero problems.  He was delivered at full term and vaginally, completely healthy.  He is now a perfectly healthy five year old boy, smart as a whip, with no developmental, social, or physical problems whatsoever.   There are no guarantees of anything in life and I have to believe you get what you are meant to get.  Good luck, try to enjoy more than you worry!!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,586 members 240,213 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: