clareswindlehurst

Re: 19 weeks with twins, need advice preparing!

Congratulations! I have one year old boy girl twins and a schedule is too of my list - alongside accepting all offers of help! I shared some advice with an ante natal group the other day and then published the tips on my blog at http://aretheytwins.com - worth a read if you have five minutes spare :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Tfoust8

Congrats. We have twin boys that just turned 2. A schedule is the most important thing. It saved my sanity lol. Just do your best. That's all that's expected. No one can be 100% for any baby.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mollymarie86

Congratulations on the arrival of your twins. How exciting! Hoping for a safe and healthy delivery. I have fraternal 2 year old twin girls. I just have to say, I love every minute of it. Lots of fun, especially the bond they share. Having a c-section wasn't that bad, and don't feel bad if it comes down to that. Baby B was breech from 6 months on, so I knew a c-section was happening. Getting the twins on a schedule is ideal, like everyone said already.. Even if you have to wake one of them up, it's not a bad thing cause they will get used to waking up together, at least mine did..they will get along and be the best of friends, but of course they bicker like any other siblings.. I'm sure you do this already with your other kids, but take lots of video and pictures.. Pretty much have your camera handy at all times because twins can be funny lol...not going to tell you what to name them but a little advice, they are going to want their own style when they are older and a name says a lot, try to steer clear of names that are similar or names that rhyme.. It's overrated.. I'd say the same thing about outfits, but you are having b/g twins, so that won't be an issue.. I never bought the same outfits for my twins because I thought it was a waste of money. Also take advantage of all the free samples for having multiples.. Certain stores give 10% off for buying 2 of the same baby gear. There are also websites. Google it. Having multiples or free samples for multiples.. You can only do this after they are born cause you need to send a copy of their birth certificates along with a letter you wrote stating you had twins. Huggies does it and so does pampers as well as other companies. I did it back in 2011 when they were born and I got a ton!

Hope this helps:smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
smartin15180141

My twin girls just turned 2.  My advice is to feed them at the same time, to help get them on the same schedule.  If one wakes up in the middle of the night, wake the other.  

Also, ask for help, and don't be too hard on yourself if things aren't going well.  

Finally, I when my twins were about 6 months old, I found out there is a ton of free stuff out there for parents of multiples.  I wish I had known sooner so I could have taken advantage of it more.  I wrote what I got here:

http://www.lifewithtwins15.blogspot.com/2012_08_01_archive.html

Good luck and have fun!

Please use plain text.
CJMOM83

While i agree a schedule is key with twins, dont expect or force it from day 1. its important to follow your instincts and tbe babies cues like you would a singleton.
Line up help for your other kids, meals, etc. write down who ypu fed/changed and when or you will forget! take lots of pics because with 2 its a bit of a blur at first.
srt talking about a plan for nigjttime now. are you each taking 1 baby, alernating feedings, one handling the big kids and 1 the babies if yhe bigs arw still waking, one doing a ew hours then switching? make sure your husbamd agrees to a plan and sticks to it. no one but other twin moms will really get it, so find someone with twins you xan talk to
Posted from LG VS840 4G
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 205 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: