New Contributor
acanjura

17 wks an I dont feel movement of baby...

So I am 17wks with my third child.  I have not felt this "quicking" yet.  Is that normal? my last pregnancy was 8 years ago..lol..i dont remeber almost anything from it! But, everyone keeps asking me if I feel the baby and it's freaking me out a lil now that I havent felt anything.  I thought maybe bc my other two children where both c-sections and I now sport that lovely "mommy pouch" if that was why I'm not feeling it? anyone have any advice?

Oh! an went to dr. last wk and heartbeat good and he said looks like im growing good....sooooo...yeah..idk.

-acanjura

Please use plain text.
Visitor
gmolinaro1023

Re: 17 wks an I dont feel movement of baby...

I haven't felt anything yet either! I am chunky up front so I think that's why. No worries though, I read some woman can take up until 18-20 until they feel anything. I am 17 weeks on mon. Good luck with your pregnancy!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
malbertson88

I was 22 weeks when I felt movement. Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
katrinabuffer

Just give it more time...it is normal not to feel any quickening up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. I'm 37 second pregnancy 25 weeks now. The most important advice that I can give based on reading and OB recommends is to take an extra folic acid avoid caffeine as much as possible(too much caffeine has been associated with miscarriges). Yes 600 to 800mcg of folic acid along with prenatal vitamin and Omega fish oil I've added helps baby develpoment tremendously!  read about taking additional folic acid and omega. Good luck. Don't stress! Pray and just do your part.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
neha.chouksey

Hi Dear,

Even i am 17 weeks pregnant and still waiting for those lovely kicks to feel... so dont worry, my mother-in law and Gynae said its different for different pregnancy. Some may feel at 17 and some at 20 weeks.

So chill and wait for those exciting moments as I am doing...

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TeaBee

You could be carrying more in the back and that might be the reason but to be honest some women feel it before and some don't feel it until they are well into their 20th+ weeks. If you are worrying, don't. You will feel baby kick. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
katrinabuffer

You have up to 20 weeks before feeling 1st fetal movement. I felt my 1st around 20weeks this is perfectly normal promise. With my first child it was around 17 weeks (he is now 17yrs old) and now pregnant with my 2nd 34 weeks. Just try to enjoy looking foward to the moment rather than stress about it . That way once you experience this perfect sweetness you will be excited. You are fine don't worry.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 1,964 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: