New Contributor
naveenpk

Re: What age do you start letting your kids play with iPad or go on the internet supervised?

I have a 4 yr old daughter, and she has been using iPad since 3, but only some word/alphabet kind of games. however, i enjoy showing her some animal videos, butterfly coming out of cocoon kind of nature/science videos to her from youtube - but was getting frustrated with all the inappropriate stuff youtube shows as related videos (quite often what is okay for a 10 yr old to watch is not okay for a 4 yr old) and i could never leave her alone even for a minute with the ipad while she is watching something... so, after a year of frustration and searching for some safe browsers/apps, i started writing my own  kid safe youtube player app and just published it in iOS store.

btw, i am not trying to advertise for my app for any monetary benefits - i hv a good day job and am doing this just to provide a way for kids and parents like me and my daughter to use youtube to learn without any danger of being exposed to junk...

so, the app has no in-app purchases, no ad banners, has 1000+ videos now sorted into 150+ fun, math, English, science, arts channels and i want to keep it free for kids to enjoy it... and i keep updating the database as i use it with my daughter on various topics that i teach her...

and i hv added all the things that i want my kid to be safe and also provide a learning experience instead of just pure mindless entertainment - daily viewing limit, customize database, bedtime mode with story reading etc.

so I would love to hear feedback on how to make it more useful, things u like, things u hate :-) etc if anybody wants to try it…

the download link is here: http://kidora.tv

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
konvoice

Re: What age do you start letting your kids play with iPad or go on the internet supervised?

Sadly can't test it out myself since my household is all Windows, but it looks awesome!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
naveenpk

thanks, Konvoice for checking it out. unfortunately, don't hv time to port it to windows yet... definitely a target work later! :-(

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 28 members 644 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: