angelslip88

Re: Trying to decide y/n on a second...

We are trying to decide on a third. We have 1 girl 7 yrs, and 1 boy 4 yrs. It's very difficult, both my husband and myself go back and forth on this. My daughter is polar opposite of my son, and with my son we had to rethink everyday things due to his food allergies and asthma. I'm 28 now, want to be done by age 30, so now is the time. But some days I feel content with our family of four, 2 boys husband and my son, and 2 girls myself and my daughter. But then lately I feel like maybe there is someone else. I was the third sibling, the youngest, and my sis and bro were 5 and 6 years older than me. Never had a close relationship with either, and my husband was the youngest third sibling as well, he was closer in age to his siblings and had a closer relationship with them. So I fear that scenario with my kids, too far apart in age from a third sibling. Also we don't want to create the middle child syndrome effect. BUT both our parents did not at all plan myself or my husband when we were conceived, also both our parents had a falling out soon after we were born. So baring that in mind, I feel like it would be better to plan our third child, break that cycle of children feeling unwanted.

BUT for a second child, if you're healthy, financially able, mentally able I see no reason to not. I cannot imagine growing up with no siblings, seems lonely. Raising children will always be challenging and rewarding no matter if you have 1 or 10. And don't worry about being able to give more love to a new child, you will and it will just be normal.

My daughter keeps going around saying, "I wish I had a sister" for this or for that. Lol, decisions. Just remember the more love that goes around, the stronger the family. Hope you find your answer and good luck.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
celinamurph

I have to say that out of all my most favorite moments being a parent - my all time greatest experience has been watching my daughter hold her baby sister for the first time.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AvasMommy90210

I am an only child and for as long as I can remember I HATED it!!! I begged my parents to have more kids forever! With that said I always promised myself that God willing I would not only have 1 due to my personal experience. It took us over a year to get pregnant with my first (my daughter) and then we ended up doing fertility treatments. After all that at 30 weeks I was put on hospital bed rest after I bled and I had to deliver at 34 weeks. With everything we went through with her I STILL sat there in the hospital knowing I just needed to have another. My daughter was then an awful baby until she was about 8 months old and I still wanted to have another. When she was 11 months I very surprisingly got pregnant after 1 fluke time with my son. I had a very easy pregnancy and made it to my scheduled section at 39 weeks no problem. After that I remember sitting in the hospital with him and I knew with my whole heart that I was SO done! It was just my gut feeling, I felt so complete with him. Still to this day (my son will be 2 in May) I know I am good with my 2. When I find out other people are pregnant instead of being jealous all I can think is better you then me :smileywink:. I truly believe it's a true gut feeling and something you can't let yourself regret. Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
emmy1204

I am the mother of a soon to be 5 yr old boy, and a 21 mo old girl. I've always wanted one of each, and my husband wanted 3. Both pregnancies were rough and both of them were born prematurely and spent time in the NICU. So, we are done for health reasons. Having 2 is more then twice the work, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! It's so much fun to watch them together and to see how different their personalities are! Good luck with your decision. Just follow your heart.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,352 members 211,585 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: