ModChristine

Kids and cell phones

My oldest is 11 years old.  He has an iPod but he does not have a personal cell phone.  I'm curious what age your child was when you got them their own cell phone.  Or if you haven't, what age you feel your child will be ready for that responsibility.  I do have a prepaid phone that I give my son if he goes to a sleepover at someone's home that I don't know as well as his very close friends.  However, he doesn't have it any other time.  I'm just curious what others are doing when it comes to kids and phones.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
wkexplosion1

Re: Kids and cell phones

I didn't get a cell phone until I was in 8th grade (13 years old). Even then my parents only got me one because I was involved in a lot of after school activities. It was a basic flip phone. I didn't have texting or data. It was only good for calling people. However my sister got hers when she was 10. Even to this day she is way more phone dependant than I am. I now have a 2 year old daughter and she will probably not get one until 8th grade (13/14 years old). Just my personal preference. But it all depends on the kid and how mature they are and why they would be using it.
Posted from Samsung SCH i545
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 315 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: