Occasional Visitor
C_lacombe

Jealousy(feel horrible)

I really needed to get this off my chest, we have a three yr old. And we love him to death but I want another baby but my husband isn't really up for having another baby pretty much against having another one for one the space issue we have with not having enough room to add one more but plan on moving to a larger house, anyway he pretty much is like no more babies I love the one I got which isn't what it's all about. So his sister recently became pregnant which is awesome I am happy for them but really deep down I am jealous and then a few days later I found out my brothers wife is also pregnant so it just hit me even more, and just sucks and I not really sure how to cope with it without being angry or snide when around them I want them to think I am truly happy for them. Any help or pointers from someone else?
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
ashleykuhn1985

Re: Jealousy(feel horrible)

I would try to wait a 6 months/year, and propose it again! or at least have a sit down, to explain how it could work. good luck!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
arosebrooks0725

I respectively disagree with Ashley's advice. If you already feel this strongly about it to the point where you are jealous of family and friends then you need to have a serious talk with your husband to really let him know how important this is to you. Think about why this timing is important to you and what you want to say to him before hand. I think if you just ask him every six months until he finally says yes then you may even come to eventually resent him for it. So I say come up with a strong argument for why you want to do this now.
When it comes to your pregnant friends and family now just don't beat yourself up for feeling a little jealous. That is completely normal. But try to think of their happiness also. Think back to when you were pregnant with your first. You wouldn't want to take any of that joy away from them.
I think your disagreement with your husband about a second child will continue to be the underlying issue of your jealousy until it is resolved.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I747
Please use plain text.
Imanerd08

[ Edited ]

My boyfriend and I had the same experience! I really wanted to have another baby before our son turned 3, but my boyfriend said that he loves our son to no end and he didn't want another. It led to a lot of upsetting conversations, but here we are, our son is now 4, and we don't have another baby. I try and think of all the positives like the fact that we can focus all our attention on one child, how much less stress we will have in almost every area of our lives, and the cost savings. Just try and remember that even though your family is all having babies, you already have a precious child. If you still feel as strongly in a couple months try talking to him again and make him see your true feelings. Maybe it will work out for you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 94,935 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: