Community Manager
Emmys_Mom

Hardest Age to Parent?

I'm still relatively new at being a Parent, so while lack of sleep and soothing a teething toddler haven't been my favorite things, I know I've had it pretty easy so far. And when I think ahead to the teen years with a daughter who is already prone to overreaction, I know the best and worst is yet to come.

What do you think? What age were your kids the hardest to parent? Why?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Hardest Age to Parent?

Can I say "all of them"? Haha :smileywink:  No really, I think they all come with different challenges.  The lack of sleep in the early years, the "terrible two's", the toddler years when they are testing boundaries and into EVERYTHING, starting school and testing rules and boundaries there...and so on.  I have a 5 year old, a 9 year old and a 10 year old and each day is different.  Honestly, I wish I could freeze time right now.  I'm scared of the teenage years! 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
ohanna798105

Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthony18575252

[ Edited ]

There is for sure something to be said about the poster who said "all of them" I remember thinking that NOTHING can be tougher that when I would put my son to sleep in his crib, stand there and pet his head, humming,as I'd watch him "hopefully" drift off to sleep. I'd then, hold my breath and try and tip toe out of his room, down the hall, and down the stairs, PRAYING that the floor boards wouldn't creak. haha. On those unfortunate nights when the door hinges were a bit noisey, or the floor boards DID creak, noi WAY I was getting away.

Holy crap though, I was wrong--that boy is 14 now, and I think he is from mars.

I just started a blog geared towards parents:

www.AFadingGlimmer.com/ 

please check it out if you have the time.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jahalstead12402

Well I have 2 girls, ages 8 and 1. So far I would say my hardest have been ages 3-4. I couldn't take my oldest daughter with me anywhere during those ages. It wasn't fair to me, her, or other people in restaurants, stores, etc. My girl was one of those kids. The ones that you looked at the mom, felt sorry for her and wondered why the kid was screaming and rolling around on the grocery store floor or was mad that she couldn't keep her quiet at a restaurant. The one that ruined your nice night out or your peace and quiet on an air plane. If I didn't have the backpack with a leash on it, she would have been kidnapped or gotten on the wrong plane. She liked to play hide and seek in the clothing racks so I couldn't find her, even thought she was right there as I was calling her name. There have been many heart attacks for me with this one. I just hope my next lovely girl isn't as challenging and maybe I can handle her a bit better since I have already been through it.

Please use plain text.
armax396586

I have four kids between 8 and 12. I'd say the hardest age to parent so far is between 1.5 to 3 yrs. They are mobile and have to be supervised the most and are still carried sometimes. Not to mention the potty-training.

The newborn/infant stages were fairly easy for me--I really didn't mind the sleep deprivation.

They are at the easiest ages right now, (they have more independence and can go out to play on their own), but the teen years are yet to come.

Please use plain text.
xxlexxie69xx

I would say right now, 4 & 5. My child is having a really difficult time in pre k & k with his behavior. He has ADHD & we can not find a medicine that works well with his impulses & rage. In pre k last year, he was suspended 3 times. This year, in K, he's already suspended & now I have to meet with the principal. Most of the time I want to give up & cry... I don't know how I'll handle him when he's much older...
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 704 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: