New Contributor
robinb1976

Any expecting mothers pregnant after a tubal ligation reversal like me?

I am 37 and remaried.  My husband is wonderful and I have always wanted to have a partner in parenthood.  I have 18 year old twins and a 14 year old son whom I was a single mother to for most of their lives.  My husband and I married almost 3 years ago and knew we wanted babies together.  He is awesome to "our" teenagers, and I have to give lots of credit to a man that took on not only 3 kids, but me, someone that wasn't used to sharing parenting.  (I think I gave him the most problems, our kids are great). 

I had a tubal reversal surgery in December and on our 2nd month trying, I am happy to say, I am pregnant.  The big "butt" in this situation is that I am TERRIFIED of tubal pregnancy!  My reversal Dr said it was a big risk and to find out asap after a positive pregnancy test.  I have had 2 ultrasounds already and they still can't see the baby to tell me.  I am going out of my mind with worry and I know that can't be good for the baby.  I wouldn't wish the stress on anyone.  Every cramp and pain I have scares me to death, I guess I just need reassurance. Is anyone else going through this? Or, better yet, been through this with positive results?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Re: Any expecting mothers pregnant after a tubal ligation reversal like me?

I have had 2 tubal pregnancies and let me tell you, you would know If you were having one. I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, and at 6 weeks I had SEVERE cramps on just one side. I went to the ER because I thought I was having appendicitis or a miscarriage and I had a tubal. The second pregnancy, I didn't know I was pregnant and I had SEVERE cramps on the same side (right) and went to the ER where they told me I was pregnant and I had surgery because it burst. It was horrible. You would know. How far along are you? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robinb1976

5 weeks 6 days, I keep having cramps mostly on right side, but left side hurts too.  Not sever and nowhere near bad enough to send me to the hospital.  I am having most of the pregnancy symptoms, but I am not throwing up all the time, just nausous a few times a day.  Every little cramp scares me especially since it is mostly on right side, but I have to keep telling myself to calm down because I have cramped there since I had the reversal.  I also have had an ongoing headache, but thats nothing new to me when I am stressed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robinb1976

:smileyhappy: and thank you for replying.  I am loosing my manners along with my mind. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I just wanted to let you know that my cousin recently was diagnosed with a tubal and went for follow up only to find that the u/s she had diagnosing it was too early to be conclusive, she actually had a normal pregnancy. From my own experience, an u/s can't show anything before the baby is at least 6 weeks along, so the u/s you've had are probably just way too early to find the baby.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,312 members 151,922 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: