New Contributor
robinb1976

Any expecting mothers pregnant after a tubal ligation reversal like me?

I am 37 and remaried.  My husband is wonderful and I have always wanted to have a partner in parenthood.  I have 18 year old twins and a 14 year old son whom I was a single mother to for most of their lives.  My husband and I married almost 3 years ago and knew we wanted babies together.  He is awesome to "our" teenagers, and I have to give lots of credit to a man that took on not only 3 kids, but me, someone that wasn't used to sharing parenting.  (I think I gave him the most problems, our kids are great). 

I had a tubal reversal surgery in December and on our 2nd month trying, I am happy to say, I am pregnant.  The big "butt" in this situation is that I am TERRIFIED of tubal pregnancy!  My reversal Dr said it was a big risk and to find out asap after a positive pregnancy test.  I have had 2 ultrasounds already and they still can't see the baby to tell me.  I am going out of my mind with worry and I know that can't be good for the baby.  I wouldn't wish the stress on anyone.  Every cramp and pain I have scares me to death, I guess I just need reassurance. Is anyone else going through this? Or, better yet, been through this with positive results?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Re: Any expecting mothers pregnant after a tubal ligation reversal like me?

I have had 2 tubal pregnancies and let me tell you, you would know If you were having one. I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, and at 6 weeks I had SEVERE cramps on just one side. I went to the ER because I thought I was having appendicitis or a miscarriage and I had a tubal. The second pregnancy, I didn't know I was pregnant and I had SEVERE cramps on the same side (right) and went to the ER where they told me I was pregnant and I had surgery because it burst. It was horrible. You would know. How far along are you? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robinb1976

5 weeks 6 days, I keep having cramps mostly on right side, but left side hurts too.  Not sever and nowhere near bad enough to send me to the hospital.  I am having most of the pregnancy symptoms, but I am not throwing up all the time, just nausous a few times a day.  Every little cramp scares me especially since it is mostly on right side, but I have to keep telling myself to calm down because I have cramped there since I had the reversal.  I also have had an ongoing headache, but thats nothing new to me when I am stressed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robinb1976

:smileyhappy: and thank you for replying.  I am loosing my manners along with my mind. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I just wanted to let you know that my cousin recently was diagnosed with a tubal and went for follow up only to find that the u/s she had diagnosing it was too early to be conclusive, she actually had a normal pregnancy. From my own experience, an u/s can't show anything before the baby is at least 6 weeks along, so the u/s you've had are probably just way too early to find the baby.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 472 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: