New Contributor
ktwilightgal

will it hurt a baby to get a tattoo at 4 months pregnant

hey i am a seventeen year old girl and my boyfriend got me pregnant and i havent told my parents yet but i was wondering if getting a tattoo at 4 months pregnant because im getting one for my 18th birthday in may and i wanted to know if getting one that far along would hurt the baby

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Re: will it hurt a baby to get a tattoo at 4 months pregnant

No, it won't hurt the baby but they say not to get tattoos because the adrenaline could make the baby's heart rate go up and you run the risk of infection which could hurt, possibly kill, the baby. I'd say it's not worth it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ktwilightgal

ok ty

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

[ Edited ]

I'm really not sure.  There is always the risk of infection when getting a tattoo.  Also depending on where you are wanting to get it, there will be skin stretching during your pregnancy.  Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk to yourself or baby to do it at this time.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mhenrykc80

I got a tattoo when I was pregnate but I didn't know I was pregnate, I was 4 months along and didn't show any symptoms
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
j-tessman

I'm going to try to sound as non judgemental as I can but your boyfriend did not get you pregnant by himself. You both got pregnant. Most tattoo artists wwon't tattoo pregnant women because of the risks and you should tell your parents because god forbid anything happens and they don't know you are pregnant then doctors or the hospital would be clueless til who knows when. But the answer to your tattoo question is I would wait. I have a tattoo myself and there are risks even not pregnant from infection and when pregnant your body cares more about making the baby then guarding your own body from infection.
Posted from Motorola XT894
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mhenrykc80

And it didn't hurt me or my baby. I would say becareful where you get it. I got mine on my arm. Yes infection is possible but you need to make sure you go to a clean tat parlor and make sure you keep the tat cleaned and put on the lubrication. Usually for 7-10 days
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 719 members 83,103 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: