Occasional Contributor
southerngirl39

hot tub? just putting legs in? ok?

We're headed away this weekend for our babymoon.  The cabin we got has a gorgeous hot tub.  I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it may not be good to get in a hot tub when I'm worried to death about every little dang thing else.............but it just didn't.  

But now of course, I'm thinking that makes no sense at all, and I googled it and yep, sure enough, not a good idea. I did read I can go in for 10 minutes, but I'm not going to risk it. But I'm wondering if anyone has just put their legs in before and if this is okay? I thought maybe the jets on my legs might feel good, and I wouldn't overheat with just my legs in there, especially since the temp outside is going to be about 27 tonight..........

Has anyone done this before and/or has anyone asked their doc and gotten a resounding NO to not even go near it, or the 'ok' if just the legs are put in, etc.? I read you can go in for just 10 minutes and if you adjust the temp to lower, but I'm just not going to risk going in at all, but thinking just my legs should be fine. I have a call in to the doc, but until I hear back and while we're just riding in the car, thought I'd put it out there in the forum to see if anyone had any ideas............

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
orexismmii

Re: hot tub? just putting legs in? ok?

I was 8 months pregnant with my last when, for my birthday, my hubby took me away for the weekend. It was winter but I was dying to go swimming in the heated pool. But being the big fan of hot tubs, I decided I would get in for the 10 minute limit I had also read about. 5 minutes AFTER that limit, the hubby finally suggested I get out and I did. Slowly. And enjoyed every extra second! And my beautiful boy was born perfectly healthy. ...That being said, I wouldn't suggest completely ignoring the 10 minute rule and staying in all night or frequently. What I did was a small, one-time indulgence and I knew better than to push my luck! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
southerngirl39

Re: hot tub? just putting legs in? ok?

Thanks for the response! What I ended up doing was just from knees down, and only for about 5 minutes anyway, and it was honestly just too cold above the water to even enjoy the massage on my legs from the jets, so I just gave up.  

It sucked to sit there while hubby was enjoying it, WITH his glass of wine, but, alas, we both know in the end, it's probably better that I didn't.........

When I saw a warning sign outside the tub indicating pregnant women need to consult w/ doctors (mine didn't get back to me in time), I just decided not to even risk it, even w/ the 10 minutes, esp. since this is first trimester for me. 

Oh well, I'll be looking forward to the next hot tub experience after baby is born! :smileyhappy:  thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 2,082 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: