Occasional Contributor
natalie78797

Spotting?

I've had some light spotting intermittently during the last week and last night it was a bit heavier, making me really worried. The doctor says to rest and if it gets worse or turns bright red to call.

My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks following bright red bleeding.. I really hope this isn't a sign of that again; it's really terrifying and disheartening.

Everything I've read says spotting is very common, but it seems like it could go either way.. Has anyone else experienced spotting in the first trimester?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Spotting?

I had spotting during my 1st pregnancy. It was dark brown to light pink. When it started, it was accompanied by light cramping and I was really worried. I went to the Dr. and he did an ultrasound and all turned out fine.  Is your spotting red, brown or pink?

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
natalie78797

That's encouraging! Thanks Christine.. Did they say what caused it?

My spotting was also brown and ranging to light pink, so the nurse said, old blood, probably nothing to worry about. I've been resting, and so far no more spotting. I don't like being told to 'put up my feet' and act like I'm infirm when i feel fine though! I guess I just have to wait for the ultrasound, next Tuesday.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Yay for no more spotting!  Glad you are taking it easy :smileyhappy:  I know it's hard!  Mine was implantation bleeding along with something to do with my placenta.  Nothing serious and the minor placenta issue resolved on it's own.

~ Christine ~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjay.077

I am 7 weeks 4 days and this is my second baby! I went to the bathroom this afternoon and also noticed a light pink stain look almost in the toilet paper. Each time I've gone I've looked of course... the last time it was brighter red, but only a very small bit. I am not sure to be worried or not! Helps a little to vent on here though :smileyhappy: I noticed the "spotting" initially after a bowel movement.... I didn't think I strained at all, but who knows?! Hopefully it stops!! 

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

When mine happened I had cramps too so I panicked and got in with the dr. same day.  It might ease your mind to get in for an appointment?

~ Christine ~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjay.077

Thank you! I may just see what happens. I've never had a misccarriage before so if this may be one (which of course I hope is not!) I am not sure what to expect. Is it continuous light spotting and then, wham, your big time bleeding? Or does it progessively get bad right away? I am not sure what to be on the look out for. I am trying not to worry myself, if this pregnancy is meant to happen it will happen the healthy way! My first pregnancy was easy peasy, so this is all new to me to see spotting.... 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 535 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: