Occasional Contributor
kdbrooks28

Insecurity Or Over-reacting

Normally I wouldn't put something so personal out there, but think that I would like some feedback. I'm trying to determine if I'm over-reacting or if what I feel is real concerning some family members of my husband. I was hesitant to tell people that we were pregnant because I didn't want negativity around me or towards me. However now I find myself not wanting to be around his family because I feel like things are different now that they know. Not sure if this is my own personal insecurity of over analyzing something that's not there or if what I feel is actually happening between me and them...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
rmk3811mommy

Re: Insecurity Or Over-reacting

Is this your first child or first with him? I'm on my second baby, and I'm fairly young for having 2 children. With my first pregnancy, both his family and my own had reservations about the baby. But now, 3 years later no one can get enough of him! I don't know your situation, but I know babies seem to be (and are) a big responsibility. People often create worries and reservations before the child is born. But no one can resist a cute little baby! They may have some sort of negative feelings about it now, but the best advice I can give you is wait until the baby is born. Once they fall in love with the baby and see the great mother I'm sure you'll be to their grand child, all reservations will go out the window! Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kdbrooks28

Re: Insecurity Or Over-reacting

This is my second and his first.  I remarried and this is the reason for me having a child at a later stage in my life.  Thank you for your response and your kind words.  I hope that you're enjoying motherhood also.... It's a great thing and regardless of what's happening now, my family is very excited and yes people fall in love with children as I'm sure they will.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 572 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: