Frequent Visitor
danimcghan

Re: First time mommy

Oh my goodness, we are a lot alike! I am also 31. We were married September 21st and it is our first child and my husband's family's first grandbaby. We are beside ourselves with excitement but are also anxious about the whole idea of it all. Have you thought of any names? We're thinking of doing a home birth. Any thoughts for or against that?
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scorp2782

Yes We thought of names way before we got pregnant!!! How about you? I always wanted to do a water birth but now that I am pregnant I scared if we were home and something went wrong. I think for my own piece of mind I might stick with a hospital birth.. And plus I don't know what the pain is going to be like so in case i choose to get medicine it will be available!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
stringsofme

This is both of our family's first grandchild! Like I mentioned before I have had infertility since I was 16 so I never thought this would be possible and neither did my family. I am the oldest in my family too including three step-siblings and so of anyone we did not think I'd be giving the parents their first grandchild. I mean we all thought it was impossible so everyone is very ecstatic even though they are saddened by my boyfriend's actions right now. I can share in your excitement and anxiousness and I don't know if I'll be raising this baby on my own or not. No matter what though I am happy and this baby is a miracle! I haven't really even begun to think of names yet. I think I will just wait until I know what I'm having. I am pro home birth as long as you don't have any serious health problems and you and the baby are doing well right up until labor. There can be complications that could arise though and that would be the only reason I'd think about doing a hospital birth. I might have to have a C-section because I broke my back 2 years ago and my OB said I might not be able to handle a vaginal birth but that we could talk about that more when it gets closer to my due date and I know how my back is feeling. I'm assuming it's not going to feel great as the baby gets bigger but we shall just have to wait and see. Congratulations on your exciting news and to our October babies! :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
katelyndharrison

congrats!!(:

I am only 21 & have a 5 month old beautiful girl, I was so nervous when I found out, & scared mostly about labor but to be honest labor wasn't bad at all. I didn't have any pain meds & I had my daughter naturally. I am now expecting another beautiful baby October 8th, just a week behind my daughters birthday. I am so excited & so is my fiance, & he's only 20. If someone wants to really be a mother I believe anyone can do it, because you have no idea what love it until you get to look at your baby & hold him/her for the first time. It's the most incredible thing in the world.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
orexismmii

[ Edited ]

SouthernGirl, I had my first at 39 and I'm pregnant again at 41. I was super nervous about being so 'old' as well, but we've had all the testing done and both my son, 2, and up-and-coming are perfectly healthy! And Gwen Stefani just had another at 44! Hope that helps at least a little! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
orexismmii

SouthernGirl, I had my first at 39 and I'm pregnant again at 41. I was super nervous about being so 'old' as well, but we've had all the testing done and both my son, 2, and up-and-coming are perfectly healthy! And Gwen Stefani just had another at 44! Hope that helps at least a little! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
mrsvicmorrison

Hi! I'm a first time to I'm due Oct 25 I'm 23. Me and my husband just got married last June with the promise to not get pregnant for 2 years to our families, so to say this was a surprise is an understatement lol. I am so nerves I was hoping to be much more prepared by the time all this came around. Our only saving grace is I am the oldest of 9 and he is the oldest of 6 so babies are nothing new to us. It’s good to know I’m not the only one nerves out there!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 3,348 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: