Occasional Contributor
southerngirl39

Re: First time mommy

Hi orexismmii--yes, i have my 'nuchal tranlucency' U/S next week and I've done my blood screening for MaterniT21.........just praying for the best on both. After meeting with the genetic counselor, I feel better about the 'odds.' We have no family history, so less than 1% chance is pretty comforting to me........we'll just have to see what the screenings show, but either way, I wouldn't terminate the prego so it really doesn't matter what they say. I see pregnancy as a blessing and will take what God/the universe gives me.........that's just my opinion...... :smileyhappy: and yes, I take comfort in the fact that women older than I am have healthy babies all the time, like Gwen Stefani, Savannah Guthrie is now prego at 42, and my own grandmother, who had all 3 of hers after age 41! :smileyhappy: just staying positive and praying for a healthy baby, and maybe a second one soon after! i have to just stop worrying! the truth is, age may 'increase' the risk (or they think it may, but after doing my own research, i think the numbers are skewed anyway, because most women have their babies prior to 35, so the number of babies born after 35 are less, so the numbers get skewed IMO, but i have several friends who have babies with missing chromosomes, extra chromosomes, what have you, and they had them at different ages. you just dont' know what you're going to get, and science can try to 'predict' and can do a good job of it, but, the reality is, every woman is different, every pregnancy is different, and you get what you get.........at 26, 35, 39, 44, etc. it just is what it is.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
stefanieloewenthal

I'm nervous too...I didn't realize how nerve wracking it is! But so exciting :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sexxygirl1239

Hello :smileyhappy: I'm also going to be a first time mommy! I'm 31 and hubby is 36 and this is our first one were having. We had been trying for months and started to slack off but tada! Here we are and already 17weeks. I was nervous till I had my first appointment this past week and got to hear our lil ones heartbeat! OMGosh...I cried and was excited! But I also cried out of relief to know my lil one was also ok. :smileyhappy: And to think were getting ready to have our 5yr Anniversary this coming month...how exciting to be celebrating that and with knowing were having a lil one!  But anywho...Hope everyone is doing well!

Please use plain text.
lydsmith

Yah am right here very excited and nervous too, can't wait to see my baby!
Posted from Nokia Lumia 720
Please use plain text.
lea_s28

Hi, I'm single, in my 40's and 27 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have no siblings and both parents are deceased so I also do not have any babysitting support, I rent and. I'm very broke as I spent every  cent on becoming pregnant but though I am a little nervous about how I'm going to manage everything and how on earth I'm going to be able to get back to work (I'm a shift worker), I'm more excited than scared.

I know I'll miss feeling my baby move inside me and the wonder that there actually is a  live human being inside me, but how exciting is it to wonder what they are going to look like, what their personality will be like, and all the exciting moments, love and cuddles are yet to come into my life??!

Please don't be scared, be excited by all the wonderful ways your life is about to change!

Take a breath and enjoy the ride because it's truly a magical moment in your life and one that happens too few times for a lot of us.

Good luck x

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 25 members 406 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: