Visitor
hanadamasri

Induction

Hi,

Has anyway had an induction before. I'm 39 weeks and 5 days and my doctor scheduled an induction. It's my third baby. I appreciate any advice.

Hana

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rickellelindsa1

Re: Induction

I was induced with my first baby.  I was 40 weeks plus.  How come you are being induced?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Did you end up being induced?  How did it go?

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trheaves99

Hello...I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my third child and my doc said that once I turn 39 weeks it's an option I can consider. I'm actually due in a few weeks so I'm just going to wait it out and hope she comes on her own..my doc said that with an induction it slightly increases your chance of a C-Section(no thanks!)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trheaves99

I did get induced with my first child because he was 2 days past his due date and I had no complications..everything was all good! Good Luck
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
celestialwhisper

[ Edited ]

Good for you for waiting! All my friends keep trying to get me to take this herbal mixture or that to speed up going into labor and I'm only 38 weeks. I don't understand some people. The average woman without any type of intervention gives birth from 38-42 weeks. We've waited this long so whats the hurry. We are designed to deliver babies and they are supposed to come when they're good and ripe. :smileyhappy: I wouldn't agree to an induction until I was rounding that 42 week mark and even then I don't think I'd give in unless they said the baby was in peril. Inductions are for doctors so the can know, plan and push your delivery along. And you're absolutely right, a lot of times you end up having a c-section because your body WAS NOT READY. There are very very few women need an induction, if you're not in a "high risk" situation then your babe should come when IT'S ready not the doc.

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10650

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 15 members 993 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: