New Contributor
tvhs5delrio

Scared for delivery and afterward....

Is anyone else nervous about Labor!??? I feel like I'm going crazy watching all these videos and reading everyone's horror stories lol. I feel like I want to be prepared but something is telling me there's nothing to prepare me, I just have to experience it myself. I also feel bad when older moms tell me that since they did it natural then I should. I really want to do it without meds but now I feel even more under pressure not to take any because of how they will think of me.... Any of you feel that way?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
tracijododd

Re: Scared for delivery and afterward....

I'm on baby number three, but I did feel that way with the first baby. I had great intentions, but I had no idea my labor would last for 24 hours! I tried the stadol hopin it would get me through but I really just felt drunk and in pain. So at hour 18 I gave in. And do you know when I recall the story of my daughters birth, no one gives a dang that I got an epidural?! You do what is best for you and the baby. You are no good to we if you are weak and exhausted from a long labor.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hollowaychasity07

My main scare about the delivery part is getting my shot in my back too early and then having to feel the whole thing with no meds. :/ UGH

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lovinmines324

Im super nervous about the labor and delivery part but im using the meds only when it becomes to much 4 me to handle.
Posted from LG E610
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
pab3girls1

I think we all get nervous when it comes to going through labor. Each baby delivery is different. Every time you experience it no matter how many - each one feels like the first. I'm nervous and this is my fourth. I had some Nubane my 3 other pregnancies. My 3rd delivery I should have taken an epidural but I thought I'd toughen it out. I must have sounded alien-like. I had screams come out of me that I didn't know existed. My doctor told me it was a difficult delivery. My daughter was 9 lbs 13 oz. She was born with rolls. Lol. You do what's best for you. Make certain your birthing partner is on the same page as you too. Good luck.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
h.t.harper76

New to this I'm 38 weeks getting induced next week at 39 and I'm scared as heck. This is my second birth but my kids are 18 years apart so I'm starting all over again at 35. How do I get pass this nervousness I'm having as the day gets closer the more scared an nervous I get.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,243 members 130,795 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: