ModChristine

Birth Announcements!

Hi ladies!  We are halfway through October!  Does anyone have any birth announcements or pics to share?  Would love to hear about the arrival of your new little one!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
pab3girls1

Re: Birth Announcements!

Hello. I just had my beautiful son last week Wednesday. He was due the 22nd and decided to arrive a couple of weeks early. I noticed my water start to break at 3 pm. I immediately called my boyfriend to ger over to my house. I then called the doctor who told me to ger over to the hospital. I didn't have any contractions at that point. It was strange to me. When I arrived at the hospital the checked me out. I was only 2cm dilated. So they put me on the monitors and administered Pitocin. It figures the young nurse putting the IV into my hand wasn't very good at it. Looks like someone broke my hand it is so bruised. My contractions then started and the mild ones were short-lived. I dilated from 2 cm to 10 cm in the course of 3 hours. I should mention - I did this with absolutely NO pain meds. I pushed using one contraction and he was born within 5-10 minutes. Now for the worst part- when delivering my placenta, part of it remained attached to my insides. My doctor was delivering another child and arrived at the delivery of the placenta. He was already exhausted. He had to go in me 4 times to try and be sure he removed all the placenta. I had NO pain meds - it felt like I gave birth 4 more times. I cannot believe how much pain I endured. My boyfriend was traumatized at what I went through and he is a retired city fire battalion chief. He told me he had a new respect in that I wanted what was best for our child. All in all - I have this beautiful baby boy. His name is Johann Mathias - German - named after my boyfriend's past relatives. He weighed 7 lb 9.8 oz and I am happy to say I've been breastfeeding him since birth.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Congratulations!!

~ Christine ~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spendilou

Kaiya Kathleen was delivered 10/17/13 on my birthday. 23 hours & 45 mins after my first real contraction she was born. My water broke sometime before all this. I had been leaking for a few days, but two false alarms made me unsure of what was what. They kept telling me I was incontinent. She was born with 30 minutes of pushing. Thank Goodness for my calm doc because she was blue from the tight cord. He got her out and the amazing staff of nurses got her pinked up quickly. She even latched as soon as I was able to hold her. She is so precious that I don't even mind my fourth degree tear!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Oh wow, ouch!!!  Congratulations and I'm so glad she's ok!

~ Christine ~
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 220 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: