Occasional Contributor
x50374

CD

Has anyone who this is not their first child used CD's?
If so, what brand/styles, pre-folds with covers, All in ones/pockets, All in two's/threes (hybrid) did you find was the easiest to use and what if anything would you do different if you did it again?

Also, did you find that certain brands/styles work better for one gender or another?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RebCMac

Re: CD

Hey!

I've used CD's with both of my girls.  I have the Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers (perfect size).  That means I have to have 2 sizes, but they're not as bulky on the little ones.  I stuff mine with newborn size prefolds though because they absorb more.  I need to buy a few more for this baby because I bought used and a few have worn out, but I'm planning to get SunBaby diapers.  They're pocket diapers (one size) with snaps and a fleece lining (like my fuzzi bunz), but they are only around $5 each new. 

When I started out, I bought a set from someone that had a little of everything.  I thought I would use prefolds with covers, but quickly decided against them because so much of my daughter's skin was covered when they were wet (personal preference).  I know several people who use CD's and one thing that seems to be universal is that pocket diapers with snaps hold up better than velcro.  I had a few all-in-ones, but they seemed to leak more to me.

Good Luck!  If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jamiechilds51

Slow song
Posted from Huawei C8860E
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
x50374

Thanks.

A friend gave me a bunch of her gDiapers that she loved and is no longer using so i think i'm going to start with those. She also put just regular cloth diapers in as the insert. 

She said to make life easier i needed a cloth diaper sprayer which I registered for. Did you use a sprayer?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RebCMac

I didn't have one at the beginning because when you are ONLY breastfeeding, the poop is water soluable, so you don't have to spray them off.  As soon as baby starts eating "solids", you have to start spraying it off.  The sprayer is a LIFE SAVER!  If you don't get one from your registry, check on craigslist or ebay for a used one or try to find one on sale.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
x50374

with cloth diapering did you stay at home after your child was born (assuming you were working before)

If not, were you able to find any day cares that were willing to use cloth diapers? 
So far everywhere i've looked they won't do cloth diapers. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RebCMac

I DO stay home with my kids.  It's unfortunately very rare to find daycare centers that will allow cloth diapers.  I do have at least 1 friend who used cloth with a daycare.  Maybe you could look into in-home care (taking them to someone who runs a daycare from their home).  It does make it difficult to use CDs when they have to go to daycare; but it could still save you money if you use them at home.  Good Luck.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 363 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: