Occasional Contributor
welbyway76

Verifi results

I took a Verifi blood test last Thursday and finally got my results on Monday (6 biz days later). I'm 37 with my 1st.  Everything looks great and they say I'm having a boy! I have to admit I really thought it was a girl and was surprised - I won't believe it until I see an ultrasound:smileyhappy: I'm thrilled either way. Today is the start of my second tri and it's starting to get real! 

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Verifi results

Yay congrats!!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
velekana

what is a verifi blood test?
~Moma of 2 and pregnant w/ twins~
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
welbyway76

It is similar to MaterniT21. From my blood they were able to pull the baby's DNA and can detect Down Syndrome and other chromosome abnormalities. They can also determine the sex. They can test as early as 10 weeks.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TeaBee

I too had the Verifi test. Test results came back good and bad. Negative for T21, 18 and 13 but when it came to gender they said baby had Trisomy X (XXX or 147,xxx), which only affects girls. There is one for boys but I can't recall what it's called. Anyway had an amnio and it turns out baby is fine. So either it's because of my age, they also said there could be a defect in the placenta but it doesn't effect baby or I am a Trisomy X baby. I am too old to care if I am. This is my 3rd child and I am 40. I don't plan on having anymore children. It was a big scare. So for those getting these tests, just remember that there is a false positive rate for sexual abnormalities but because these companies are just starting to test for it, there isn't much research on it.
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 670 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: