Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Prenatal & Genetic Testing?

Who knew there are so many steps in this process...we are scheduling our prenatal tastings and genetics consultation at the recommendation of our current OB.Not sure what to think about all these test and what they are looking for? Thoughts? Thanks
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Prenatal & Genetic Testing?

Hi There,

It can be overwhelming when confronted with a load of tests. The tests that they offer are standard tests. You have the right to accept recommendation or refuse it. I was 36 when I had my first child and 42 when I had my last child. I consented to the testing for no other reason than wanting to prepare myself for any health issues that we might have been faced with.

These tests provide some information about the odds of you getting certain diseases, and they may tell you if you are a carrier of certain inherited diseases, but they're not diagnostic.

I hope that helps a little.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
eanic83

Thanks Tammy...good to hear. I'm 39 pregnant with my third. So many women are having babies later in life which is comforting to know. Going for my maternity21 blood test next friday. Keeping the faith that everything will be ok :smileyhappy:
Posted from Samsung SCH-I200
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

I feel like these test bring anxiety to bec. The doctors can't change any results and we are going to be mothers regardless..right
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 581 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: