New Contributor
cams-mom1

Re: How Long Did It Take To Birth Your First Child?

My labor was 9 hours total, with no prelabor at all. I tried to time my own contractions because I thought I was in pre-labor, and didn't want to wake my husband. We made it to the hospital with 20 minutes to spare. His head was almost out before I got out if the car, and my water didn't break until just before that.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tmobilecustomer64

With my first took me 16 1/2 hours I remember I had fever and high blood pressure but everything came out good thanks to god. :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
KateriT7

30 minutes from breaking my water until he popped out! No joke. I was induced though. Afterwards, I was also stared and gawked at the whole time I was in the hospital by medical students and doctors who thought I was simply a facinating miracle and amazing! LOL My second 2 hours, natural, no inducement. We shall see how number 3 does me now! 

Good luck sweetie. My Mom was in labor with me for over 24 hours! My cousin about the same and it was longer on her. It all depends on your body, the size of the baby, etc. 

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

My first's due date was Wednesday, July 16th...on the evening of the 17th around 5:30 I started having contractions.  I was admitted at 2am on the 18th.  I labored for 23 hours and then had an emergency c-section at 4:30pm on the 18th. 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 2,130 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: