Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Has anyone delivered 'Natural' Med Free?

How hard is naturally delivery? What did u do to prepare yourself physically&mentally? Was it a good experience or do u wish u went with meds? How safe was it? I'm an all-natural gronola kinda person but not sure if I'd be able to do all natural or will have to get meds....
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
welbyway76

Re: Has anyone delivered 'Natural' Med Free?

I'm definitely interested in this too. My husband and I are actually debating between a hospital birth and at home w/midwife. I would really like to do this naturally and don't want to be pressured into a pitocin. But this is our first and I of course have no idea what I'm in for! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
corlynne77

I had my first in a hospital with all the meds that come with that. It was a fine experience. I had my second in a birth center and it was the best, hardest, most incredible experience. I had my third all natural too ( at a birth center). Now that I am pregnant with my 4th ( and final). I see no other way. Watch " the business of birth". Read the book " born in America". And anything about natural child birth, " the birth partner" or anything by Ina May Gaskin. Natural is difficult but amazing... Don't be scared off by naysayers. I will say this though, at the end of the day do what is right for you, your partner and your baby, whatever that may be! Enjoy the journey:smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joydjoy54

I had both my first son and my twin boys naturally. Both were in the hospital but of cause in this part of the world meds are not really an option. Almost all the births here are done without any kind of meds- I used the word "almost" cos I dont know if such things are even available here, I've never heard anyone talk about them here, not even the gynies nor m/wives. I've only read about the meds online. Well on the experience, I'd say having a baby naturally without any form of meds could be painful but thrilling and completely safe. It's really nothing anybody should worry about. But at the end of the day, it's your body, your baby and entirely your choice. And just like Corlynne said "do what is right for you" For preparation read everything you can lay your hands on about child birth. Did I mention I wouldn't mind trying one of those meds if ever it's available here in Nigeria. Maybe when I do, I will know the difference and be in a better position to talk about it.Lol. Wish u guys luck.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
christinabernhardt

I had my baby girl all natural and planned it so. Everyone thought I was nuts however my theory was and is and I tell all mommies thinking of going all natural that this is what God intended for ur body. Thats what it was built for. He would not give u a task u could not complete. If religion isn't ur cup of tea then science works with u as well. Moms that go no drugs have a huge advantage over druged moms. Tears tend to be smaller, stress to the baby is less and those lovely hemrroids tend to not be as bad or at all. Your pushing is more effective and therefore shorter. I would definitely suggest going to a chiropractor during ur pregnacy even after 6/7 months, of course as long as ur healthy, this helps "align" things so the baby can move easier and quicker through the birth canal. I went to all the classes to get coaching which I also highly sugggest so u know what to expect and have a good coach that knows u and ur limits so they know the difference between u having a weak moment and really tapping out asking for drugs. They should support your decisions and your space. Stir clear of people telling u what u can and cannot do they are not having this baby u are. Keep negativity out and away from u.
Having a baby naturally is the hardest, most exhausting, painful, beautiful, spiritual, fullfilling, empowering, magical and inspiring thing u will EVER do.
As I say that, birth is all these things with drugs as well. Everyone experiences pain diffrently and only u know how far u can push ur limits. Knowing ur body and listening to ur body is at the top of important things to remember.
It is also important to have a doctor and nursing staff that are on board with ur decisions to go natural. Sometimes dealing with a natural mom takes more work on their part and they will sadly deviate ur decisions based on their needs. Find that out now. If they aren't on board then they won't support u. Dont be afraid to put ur foot down and demand support for ur decisions. This is ur body and ur baby!
Last note: my nurse kept telling me....."this is only temporary. The pain will stop and in less than 24 hrs u will have ur baby!" That kept me motivated through the pain. Knowing that once the pain gets unbearable is the shortest part of labor and ur in the home stretch. Do ur research know ur body and how it works and what is about to happen. And remember.....u are woman! YOU CAN DO THIS!
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Thank you for this!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
Kittle2873

My first one was with an epidural and my second one was natural. I preferred giving birth naturally to a 10lb 14oz baby!. The experience was excruciatingly painful. The contractions were horrible but I found that when it was time to push, it wasn't overly painful. It hurt afterwards for the first 36 hours but after the second night I felt good and had minimal pain. My experience with an epidural was horrible, I was 10 cm dilated and my contractions were basically nonexistent, even once they upped the dosage of meds. Forceps were used and there was 3rd degree tearing. It took nearly 6 weeks to recover and it was a painful time. I had major complications immediately after giving birth and having the epidural meant I didn't have to go to the OR. My biggest regret about having the epidural was how it affected my child. He was very mellow for his first week. I didn't know that epidurals could affect the baby for days after they are born.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 2,203 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: