Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Fatigue & Exhaustion

First time mom and Sooooo excited. 8 1/2 weeks. Been taking progesterone prescribe by my OB and ridiculously exhausted and run hot. Anyone else experience exhaustion in first trimester or have any experience with progesterone supplements??? Thanks!
Posted from Apple iPad
New Contributor
jennifer.bellard

Re: Fatigue & Exhaustion

Hi! i am 8 weeks along with my 4th baby however my other 3 kids are 15, 12, and 9....LOL.  I am 34. I have been unable to get out of bed the past 2 days but I also have an autoimmune disease this time that I didnt have with the other 3.  I really hope the fatigue lets up soon!!

Occasional Contributor
estigirl1

Mom2bee2014: I am just shy of 8 weeks pregnant and am not on progesterone but I too am experiencing fatigue and running hot. The baby grows so rapidly in the first trimester that exhaustion is normal. Your blood flow has also already increased by 10% and your body is having to process more fluids now and I believe that is why we run hot.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Thanks Jenn and est girl for the advice and letting me know it is common. I was taken off my pressure meds and have been for two weeks...so far so good. Have another appointment w ultra tomorrow so excited to see all the growth and get pressure checked.
Posted from Apple iPad
New Contributor
americaem87

With my two other daughters I didn't feel a thing..no sickness or nausea or tiredness ..but with this pregnancy in the beginning I had a lot of nausea I am always tired..exhausted, irritated and my husband says I've been acting aggressive..
Posted from Apple iPhone
Occasional Contributor
welbyway76

I just hit 10 weeks today. I had extreme exhaustion from about 5 weeks until 8 or 9. I recently switched my vitamins from regular women's daily to a prenatal, which have iron. I suspect that helped! I'm not up to running any marathons, but at least I can keep my eyelids open. 

New Contributor
jennifer.bellard

Update:   I just found out my thyroid is underactive and started meds today which maybe why I have had such awful fatigue.

Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 509 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: