New Contributor
kgieser1

Constant Nausea

This is my first pregnancy and I'm constantly nauseos. It doesn't matter if I'm awake or asleep I'm always nauseous. I've tried all the home remedies, ginger, saltines, mints, sprite, etc and they don't work.  I got a prescription from my dr. yesterday after my first ultrasound and took it last night before bed but I'm still nauseos.  Thank goodness I'm not throwing up too, but does anyone have any tips that worked for them to  keep the nausea away?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Constant Nausea

Oh the joys of pregnancy. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with the woes of pregnancy. I had the same thing and it was through my whole pregnancy and nothing seemed to help except knowing that it would all be worth it in the end :smileyhappy:

If this interfers with day to day activity, talk to your doctor and see what he suggests.

Hang in there:smileyhappy:

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
chel093086

I am 7 weeks and the nausea just kicked in within the past week...and to top it off, I had a genuine puking virus over the weekend.  I've always been naturally prone to nausea and vomiting my whole life.  If I get sick, I puke.  If I get a bad enough headache, I puke.  I had it down to an artform BEFORE I got pregnant.  Now, people want to tell me to do a Vitamin B6 lollipop?  Um, I'm frustrated...and I'm not in the mood to talk about the "joys" of motherhood.  Does anyone else work at a job where you can't be standing around sucking on a lollipop?  Seriously!  I have my ginger ale.  A piece of strong mint gum helps for a few minutes...but like, once the gum is done (like 5 minutes for me), it's over.  Once my ginger ale is gone...guess who's back!  I've eaten plain corn chex cereal for dinner.  The worst thing about this nausea is that I can't puke.  Don't have my OB appointment for another 3 weeks.  I've taken some dramamine.  I'm an NP, so I'm pretty comfortable treating myself...it worked pretty well...and it's pregnancy category B (which is almost as good as it gets). I refuse to be a crazy granola mom.  Grrrr...don't feel well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Me too! First time mommy 2 B. I've been keeping seltzer water and caffeine free drinks next to bed, never sleeping with a empty belly, eating more which really works I think it's little one sending a message to feed me and when I eat salty stuff with beverages it soothes me. Hope that helps
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
chel093086

Ok, so I'm puking now.  I'm trying the home remedies and whatnot.  Not real successful.  I've thrown up all afternoon and evening.  My work does not have a staff restroom.  I am a nurse practitioner working in a mental health setting.  I try to make sure I don't have any clients or nosy co-workers in the bathroom before going in to hurl.  I'm going to take a benadryl tonight and go to bed.  Buying some Emetrol tomorrow! This sucks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stephany0231

My nausea kicked in on week 6. for a whole weak from mornign to night i had nausea. i tried everything from ginger ale, to crackers, ect. but i found one simple trick that kicked the nauseau straight away : WATER + LEMON.  i drink LOTS of it. but it doesnt take much for it to take the nausea away. Try a glass of water with ice and lemon wedges in there. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ncolema818641

I have costant nausea as well. The doctor prescribed Zofran which took the edge away but didn't completely take nausea away. A nurse told me to add vitamin B6 !!!!!! Yay yay yay.. this helped tremendously. I now only feel nauseous a few times vs. All day and night! I hope this helps!
Posted from Samsung SCH-I747
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 700 members 114,604 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: