New Contributor
anjori05chiru

Burning sensation when I pee

Hi All,

I am pregnant with my first child and my due date is on the 26th May 2014. Since like 3 weeks, I am getting vaginal burning sensation when I pee. I was diagnosed with yeast infection and got the necessary treatment but still the burning doesnot stop. I feel like if I drink more water, the burning is less painless but still its there. Does it sound normal? Any help will be appreciated!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smariesmith1

Re: Burning sensation when I pee

That's a common symptom of urinary tract infections. If you haven't been tested for one lately, get tested.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
chel093086

Hi there, I'm 3 months pregnant with my first as well, but I'm also a nurse practitioner.  My suggestion is to go and have your urine checked for infection, and if that is clear, then they may need to do a swab of the inside of your vagina and look at it under a microscope and see exactly what's going on (or not going on).  My last urine at my prenatal appointment had some bacterial growth in it that was probably contamination but they treated me with an antibiotic anyways...and then I DID get a yeast infection...and am now treated myself for that.  It's important to make sure you know what you're treating because if you treat for the wrong thing, you can make the problem worse.  You can get this done at an urgent care if you can't get into your OB office in a timely manner.  I had to visit the quick care to get my issues dealt with.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drella26

Yes plz go to the doctor. Im 20 weeks today n just got out the hospital from having a servere kidney infection. Which iispart of having a urinary tract infection. N I was put on antibiotics from 7 days. N then I have to take antibiotics till I deliver to prevent the infection from coming back.
Posted from Samsung SM-G730A
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anjori05chiru

Thanx for the advice Drella. I am as well 20 weeks right now.

How did come to know that you have kidney infection. Did they do a urine test?

What were your symptoms before that?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drella26

I had back pain only in one spot. N it brought me to tears. On a scale of 1-10 it was 11 so they did a blood n urine test n thats how they figured it out. At first I thought I had kidney stones but they ruled it out after me being on antibiotics for 2 days. It just happened this past weekend. I went to the er early sun morning i just got released yesterday.
Posted from Samsung SM-G730A
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

That sounds like a Urinary Tract Infection.  It's important for you to get a urine test and start medication immediately if it turns out to be a UTI.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 89 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: