New Contributor
kaydanielle07

Braxton Hicks or something more serious?

I am due May 6th with baby #2. Two days ago my husband and I took our toddler to the zoo for a few hours. Needless to say it involved a lot of walking and chasing! For the rest of that day and into the next I had BH every 2-3 minutes. Today they aren't as regular but still pretty consistent (more than 6 in an hour) I don't want to go running to the emergency room only to have them tell me I need to stay off of my feet, on the other hand, I don't want to ignore something more serious. I'm sure I just over exerted myself, but is 2 days of this cause for concern? Anyone else experienced this before?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christi.fraser

Re: Braxton Hicks or something more serious?

I would call your doctor or go see them rather be safe then sorry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tbold87593

most likely all you did was over exert yourself.. doesn't hurt to check tho especially if its gone longer than a day. Same thing happened to me tho; had a weekend away with the girls and all we did was window shopping and tons of walking. Come Monday, i was having cramping and tightening in my abdomen area ALL DAY. I just made sure to take it easy, and i drank TONS of water.. after monday, no more cramping. I didnt get checked right away and nothing bad happened, but not everyone is the same.

Hope this helps!

FTM 33wks

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ecollier1605

I had Bh and my doctor told me if I have more than 6 I'm an hr to call him and if its not bad to drink a lot of water. I usually have Bh at night
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nevaehbuttrfly

Calling would be best.  No need to waste a trip in when you can explain your situation and symptoms over the phone.  I just had to do that a couple days ago and was advised to drink lots of water since dehydrating yourself can cause labor pains and that if the contractions become more frequent, to go in.  I had them for about two hours but they were inconsistent and became less frequent.  Hope this helped!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 5,797 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: