Occasional Contributor
TeaBee

Braxton-Hicks Pains

This is my 3rd pregnancy but my first time encountering Braxton-Hicks pains. I am 28w+1d along and I was out with my DD when they first hit. It was a bit freaky to feel that and not think Oh My Gosh am I in labor? Like I said 3rd pregnancy but first time feeling these pains. I am just wondering how many of you a) started feeling your BH pains? b) what you did to alleviate the cramping pain?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tbold87593

Re: Braxton-Hicks Pains

I started feeling BH's around week 18, and am now 27wks. Definitely a weird sensation. Mine dont hurt, but sometimes if I get alot during the day, my abdomen muscles get sore. Everything I have read about how to manage BH's has worked for me. When you feel one coming on try taking a walk or start moving around, drink some water, lie on your side for a bit.. change up whatever it is that you are doing at the moment and they should go away.

sometimes, if your uterus is even a little under-hydrated, it can trigger BH's too. And no matter what they're called, BH's are STILL contractions so always stay hydrated.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 544 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: