Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Re: Birthing Classes: To Take Or Not To Take?

Btw the Bradley Method class we were originally considering was not covered by insurance and cost $399+ so we will DIY and gain as much knowledge and education as possible before our due date
Posted from Apple iPad
Occasional Contributor
marinamartini8

Wow! 399$!!
My classes are 150$ for a total of 16 hours, brest feeding included.
Anyway, our body will know what to do... Or I hope so!
Posted from Apple iPad
New Contributor
ocschwartz

If you are serious about a drug-free birth, then I strongly suggest bradley method classes. Also the best thing about Bradley is that it is "husband coached childbirth" based - so they will teach your husband as much as you about what to expect and what he can do to help coach you.

New Contributor
ocschwartz

If you are serious about a drug-free birth, then I strongly suggest bradley method classes. Also the best thing about Bradley is that it is husband coached childbirth based - so they will teach your husband as much as you about what to expect and what he can do to help coach you.

Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Did you try the Bradley classes? If so, what pros and cons did u discover? Cost of the class in your area?
Posted from Apple iPad
Visitor
maulcrawl

My husband and I did take them.  We had a couple of options to choose from and decided to do a 6 week course instead of a one time or on line class.  We did learn a bit in the class, but yes, you could learn this on line or in a book as well.  However, the best part of taking the 6 week class was two fold:  we were able to hear other's fears and experiences with their pregnancies and birth as well as we developed friendships with those in our class.  It has been a blast having friends that we can compare notes with and have play dates with whom knew us before we had our little one!  That would not have happened without that direct contact with others.   The midwife who taught our class was able to help us learn to advocate for ourselves while in the hospital as well which became quite useful for me and helped hook me up with the nurse anethetist to discuss my fear of needles and pain and determine beforehand a course of action should I not make it through natural childbirth.  That was also invaluable and would not have happened in an on line course.   Both my husband and I, as doubtful as we were initially with this class format, ended up loving it in the end.  Each person and situation is different but for those reason I would endorse the classroom setting.

Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

That rate is awesome! The Bradley Method Natural Childbirth classes are pricy in this area. Reg Lamaze classes at our hospital is less than $400 but Infant CPR and lactation classes are separate at $45 per classes out f pocket. I pray our bodies know exactly what to do and the pain is tolerable
Posted from Apple iPad
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 608 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: