Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

Birthing Classes: To Take Or Not To Take?

Debating on taking online birthing classes or classes in person with a group??? Also a lot of moms say they took no classes that you will naturally know what to do....we are trying to go unmediated and nerves kicking in a tad as we get closer, any advice or insight???
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jadef4

Re: Birthing Classes: To Take Or Not To Take?

I'm dreading these classes and I don't know why?? I'm really excited to be having a baby but online sounds inviting!! Did u decide yet?? Plus my husband works really long hours so I'm not sure he could go
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I'll be honest...I went to the class with my first child and didn't take much away from it.  Labor didn't go at all as I thought it would and once I was in the thick of it, I didn't remember anything from the class.  I mainly remembered things I had read in books or online.  But, each person is different in how they learn and prefer to learn.  Some are more visual and love the classes.  The best thing for me about the class was that it took place at the hospital I delivered at and I got to tour the facility but you could probably do that if you make an appointment.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jadef4

We are changing insurance so I don't even know where I'm delivering haha! It's my first and seems like nothing is certain... Have some time to figure out all the details!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
marinamartini8

I'm going to take them... Especially for my husband, who has no idea! :smileywink:
I need him to be a strong support during labor and I think it's going to be useful for me too and a good way to know other parents to be!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

We are going to start with online classes for free first. Mainly because the weather her is awful and schedule is limited. Between online (BabyCenter) and hundreds of youtube videos and online articles I elite e in person may be over kill. Besides once the pain hits I don't think any class can fully prep us for what it will feel like ESP as a first time parent. Thanks for your feedack
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mom2Bee2014

We toured several facilities before choosing our hospital. We WILL be taking the infant CPR classes and lactation class offered at the hospital which are both one day workshops
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 18 members 2,545 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: