Occasional Visitor
channymaxwell

6 wk 4 day Ultrasound

Hello! We just had our first ultrasound on Tuesday. Our baby measured 6 weeks 4 days and the heart rate was 136.

The Dr. told us everything looked great and to come back in 4 weeks. I know that this is great news however I can't help but think we could still lose it.   I just my 2nd miscarriage back in June at 9 weeks and have yet to have a successful pregnancy.  Our last baby we also had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks.  6 weeks 0 days and the heartbeat was 111.  The technician told us at that time that that was a good heartbeat for that date.   We never did see a heartbeat over 120 because our ultrasound was so early so we will never know if our baby actually ever had a regular heartbeat.   I want to think positive this time since we know the heartbeat is above the normal range but I am still afraid to get attached. Any positive feedback is welcome!  My husband and I are dying to start our family and can use all the prayers we can get!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abenojakimnova

Re: 6 wk 4 day Ultrasound

Hi! We share the same feeling. I had 3 miscarriages, all no heartbeat at 8 weeks. This time, im on my 7th week, had an ultrasound last week. im here in China and doctors do not tell the heartbeat rate but she told my hubby it is very fast and everything is okay. We ll come back on Oct 6th. We are very hopeful and im taking progesterone injections. Goodluck to us all! :smileyhappy:

Posted from Samsung GT-N8000
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gurlgurl

I can understand that frustration. I've never carried past 8weeks, and do worry sometimes, but when you put it in Gods hands and let what will be, you don't have to worry anymore.

I'm focusing on my monthly goals instead of months way ahead in case anything happens. Just stay focused on eating healthy and maintaining exercise for now.
Posted from Generic Windows Phone 8
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bisabelle52

Aww i share the same feeling rite now i had a mischarge in aug then got pregnant rite after i had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks an 4 days the babys heartbeat was.122 an everything with the baby looked good but there is a bleed site so im really nervous with that because of the mischarge i just had i hope an pray all goes.well
Posted from Kyocera C5170
Please use plain text.
brittanystone04

I understand where you are coming from I have had 4 miscarrages and I am on my 5th pregnancy now. It was very unexpected. I had a procedure done in July to remove some adhesions the Dr. found on my uterus and he told me my options were IVF or maybe trying again and hopes it was the fix. Well with all that I have been through we decided to just put it on the back burner and not think about it right now because I was just a mess with it all and thinking I may never be a mom. So low and behold we weren't trying and bam I came out pregnant which was a total shock to us both. I am 9 weeks today and go in for my check up and if I make it past 9 weeks it will be the farthest that I have gone. I can't wait to go to the Dr today to hear the heart beat again. Last week it was at 156 at 8 weeks and Dr stated that was perfect. I am on progestrone twice a day and a baby asprin. So I can totally understand you and I'm right there with you. Praying for a miracle that's for sure. We think this one will work because from day one of finding out my levels have been great and actually high to where they possibly thought it was twins, but we confirmed it with an ultrasound there is only one. We have heard the heart beat and seen it since our first ultrasound at 5 weeks. We go to the Dr. every week. Take care and hang in there you are not alone!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 725 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: